Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psychic lines..are they any good?

• 15-09-2011 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Id like to know what some people's views are on psychic lines ie. psychic tv etc.. Do ye think they are any good? Have predictions come true for anyone using these?
    Ive only ever been to see 2 psychics before (last year) but i have wondered about trying this out..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

I have worked for one very good company, but I also have heard horror stories from friends who work for some less honest ones. The good companies, tell you up front what you are paying for, exactly how much it costs and don't pressure you to spend oodles of more money, while you are on the phone. The not so good ones, don't care what their readers say, as long as they keep you on the line; that doesn't mean they never have real psychics working for them, but the chances of a good reading are lower.

One friend told me how well they were at the Dole office, they saw a sign with the name of a rather famous on-line reading company saying, "now hiring for psychic hot line, no experience necessary, call for interview...." That isn't very reassuring, at least not to me...

Another site, back in the earlier days of the Internet when companies often didn't know how to protect their own webpages had a "readers only" area that I clicked on for fun and read without any problems. I didn't feel bad about it, because all I did was click the button and it didn't say anything about private area, no access etc. What I found there was pretty instructions on how to fake a reading, I couldn't decide if I should laugh or cry. A lot of the information was humorous if you didn't think about the poor clients calling in and talking to people "trained" in this manor, one real suggestion was to pick answers by using a dart board and/or a site on the web that let you pretend to use a dart board! Another suggestion was to start with "is your question about a relationship?" since 90 percent of their questions were, the was supposed to make the reader sound psychic.

On the other hand, the company I've worked with off and on for years is totally honest, vets and tests their readers and has firm policies on certain subjects (like not reading for anyone under 18, no health readings etc).

I'm not naming any company, including the one I've worked for, for obvious reasons; but just to let you know that while you can get really good, honest readings this way; you need to get a good reference from someone you trust first.

Some sites, offer free mini-readings of various sorts, which is another way to test the waters without spending any cash. I'd check those out first, if you don't get solid references from anyone; and if they try to turn a free reading into a paid one "I can tell you more, just hand me your money right now" just hang up. There's a huge difference between suggesting that you might want a longer reading for more information later and "I see, I see..oh wait, times up pay me now to continue..."

Hope that helps and best of luck, good references are the key here in my opinion,

Melodi in the Midlands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

i predict you will be fleeced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

For innocent people it is best to use good reference before going in for psychic reading with anyone. It is feels very sad when I see people around me in the society doing such things with no regret in their mind. Government should strictly deal with such fraudsters who spoil the name of the profession also. Especially when the profession is totally based upon good faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭miss dakota

I agree meryem there should be some kind of regulation, In my opinion eight out of ten psychics mediums in ireland are FAKE. And people travel miles to see some of these con artists, its of course not fair on the genuine ones, theres a lot of fake advertising going on on these boards, but i know who the genuine ones are and so does mr mojorisin and a few others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

thanks for all the info ;)
    im still unsure about it, so i won't go there yet but i wouldn't rule out going to see a good psychic. ill have a browse through here and read some reviews i think..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Haha FFS "Fake" Psychic "Real" Psychic what's the difference?

Fools and their money are easily parted!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

Dazed, if you really feel that way, perhaps you would be more comfortable posting in the skeptic's corner? Trust me, while there is a lot of fraud in this business, some of us are actual caring people who believe in what they are doing, it is up to you to decide if what we experience is "real" or not, but even if it isn't - if the person feels better about themselves and their life after a reading, and if they are better able to make important life decisions and have a better understanding of their situation, than it isn't money spent foolishly.

Advertisement