Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Oranmore

Options
  • 15-09-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Moving to Oranmore next week for at least 9 months. Done a bit of googling but would like to get some feedback from people who know the area. Just a few questions.

Nice restaurants/pubs?

Buses to galway city. How much? Where they go from? What number?

Taxis? Price? I read something about pro cabs??

I like playing soccer, even 5-a-side, Astro turf pitches?

Just general info about the area be great too.

Any feedback be appreciated. Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

K.C wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Moving to Oranmore next week for at least 9 months. Done a bit of googling but would like to get some feedback from people who know the area. Just a few questions.

Nice restaurants/pubs?
    Plenty, can't beat the Thatch for a good pint.
    Yes, at least every hour i believe from outside Supervalue
    Taxis? Price? I read something about pro cabs??
    oranmore to city center about €15 euro with Ocean Cabs which are oranmore based
    I like playing soccer, even 5-a-side, Astro turf pitches?
    yes, large 11-a-side pitch old type surface and 3 new 5-a-side cages behind the church along with all the normal pitches

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Good info,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Hey everyone,

Bus service ok during the day, not so many in the evenings. Options from a couple of companies, links on the Oranmore neighbourhood map.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Nice restaurants/pubs?

Nice Italian restaurant : Basilico at the Coach House Hotel
    Very nice Indian restaurant : Santoor

Both in the main street.

Enjoy your stay in Oranmore :)

ValerieR

ValerieR wrote: »
    Nice Italian restaurant : Basilico at the Coach House Hotel
    Very nice Indian restaurant : Santoor

Both in the main street.

Enjoy your stay in Oranmore :)

ValerieR

Tried Basilico last night. Really enjoyed it. Myself and the missus will definitely be eating there again. Thanks for the recommendation,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mcmarcg

hey, i just move nearby also... from America, but I NEED to play some soccer (despite the fact that I'm American). Is there a game in Oranmore mainly for fun where you can just show up on a night and play? Oh and that Indian restaurant is the best. Go there.

mcmarcg wrote: »
    hey, i just move nearby also... from America, but I NEED to play some soccer (despite the fact that I'm American). Is there a game in Oranmore mainly for fun where you can just show up on a night and play? Oh and that Indian restaurant is the best. Go there.

Looking into that at the moment myself. Will let you know when I find out.

I found a game through this site... Its monday nights at 9:30, on the astro turf, big pitch in Oranmore. I may go tomorrow night for the 1st time, but had a cold for like a week and cant get rid of it.

I found a game through this site... Its monday nights at 9:30, on the astro turf, big pitch in Oranmore. I may go tomorrow night for the 1st time, but had a cold for like a week and cant get rid of it.

Have you started playing yet? Really looking to get a game if anyone is looking for a few players in Oranmore???

Have you started playing yet? Really looking to get a game if anyone is looking for a few players in Oranmore???

Yep. Just played for 1st time last night. Was really fun. Good players. Pitch is basically just the carpet type of astro turf so it's really fast and hard to deal with when wet (as it was yesterday). But yeah, should be room for another. Think we had about 9 on 9 or so.

• Advertisement

Yep. Just played for 1st time last night. Was really fun. Good players. Pitch is basically just the carpet type of astro turf so it's really fast and hard to deal with when wet (as it was yesterday). But yeah, should be room for another. Think we had about 9 on 9 or so.

Great, might join you next week. PM you soon.

Advertisement