Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual layer DVD+R / DVD-R

Options
  • 15-09-2011 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭

Anybody know somewhere cheap for good brand 8.5GB writeable DVDs ?

Got some single-layer Verbatim from Burnit.ie for about 20c a disk (€20 for 100). But most dual-layer I can find are closer to €1 per disk.

They seem awful expensive in comparison, anyone know of good deals?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

I did an amazon search last week and was amazed to find many dirt cheap, even verbatim.
    I haven't purchased yet so don't know if they're adequate.
    The Aone, prounced A 1, are supposed to be as reliable as verbatim while much cheaper.
    Let me know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

bagels wrote: »
    I did an amazon search last week and was amazed to find many dirt cheap, even verbatim.
    I haven't purchased yet so don't know if they're adequate.
    The Aone, prounced A 1, are supposed to be as reliable as verbatim while much cheaper.
    Let me know how you get on.

Thanks for the suggestion but Aone are generally considered very poor quality, and with dual layer cheap discs are even more hit & miss than normal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

SCAN, 50 Verbatims for £36.43, phone in the order and tell them you are a member of AVFORUMS and you'll get P+P for around £3, I get very few verbatim coasters

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Thanks for the info folks

Advertisement