If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home cineme /surround sound

Options
  • 15-09-2011 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

hi
    just wondering about home cinema/ surround sound.
    im just about to start wiring my new house and was wondering if i actually should buy a cinema kit now for cable runs or do i run cables back to a point or what..

i am an electrician but did only industrial and maintenance

thanks for any advice and any tips very welcome an any aspect of the job

ps is surround sound different to home cinema

and is it the same setup for radio in the kitchen
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there,

Apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

Personally I'd try and wire the room for your 4 speakers at this stage. This would be your 2 front speakers, 2 rear speakers. The likes of the centre speaker and subwoofer isn't too hard to sort. Unless you're planning to wall mount the centre speaker??

What are you planning to use with your system? (PS3, SKY HD etc) We offer many different amps that would work for you, same with speaker packs. We offer very large speakers to very tiny discreet speakers.

If you can let me know what you're after I can look into a few options for you.

As for the kitchen we offer a few mini systems that might work well for you. All you would need to do is wire up a set of speakers and you'd have radio, CD and even in some a Ipod dock.

Let me know what you'd like to do.

Regards.
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdesbt

thanks for the info

Id like home cinema in the sitting room and ps3..that will play mucic aswell,
    and in the kitchen/ dining room id just like it wired seperatly for music but i was wondering if i could have this in 2 zones so i could turn dining room off if someone is watching telly in there (theres sliding doors between them)

thanks

Hi JD.

PM Sent.

ATB

Dave

i didnt get the PM

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭championc

<Snip>

• Advertisement

what is that all about

Hi JD.

PM Sent.

ATB

Dave

i didnt get a pvt msg

Hi JD.

Not sure what happened with the PM.

There is a receiver that does allow audio in 2 zones and it happens to be a bit of an award winner too.

It's the Pioneer VSX921.

I'm not sure if this is above your budget, or even if you have a budget, but this would be a good place to start.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/pioneer/vsx921/pion-vsx921

Let me know if this is above budget or what your thoughts are.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.