Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite bedtime Rhymes?

• 15-09-2011 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Whats your (or your childs) favourite bedtime nursery rhyme or poem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

My daughter likes Twinkle Twinkle & All around the garden wheres my Teddy bear. I always have to do both about 10 times each at night.

I also recently started saying a little night time prayer my gran always said to us as kids. I like to think my daughter has a guardian angel looking after her.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

We don't have specific ones for bedtime.

Two Little Dickie Birds
    The Wheels on the Bus
    Row your Boat
    My Bonny
    Old McDonald's Farm
    Little Speckled Frogs
    5 in the bed (and the little one said...)
    How much is that doggie in the window
    Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
    Two Little Boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

haahaa I used to try to sing Two Little Boys to my little fella when he was young, but I could never finish it without blubbing so I gave up :o

We don't do nursery rhymes as such, we use the ladybird books. The Three Little Pigs is the favourite of the moment, he knows it inside out so I read one line, he recites the next kind of thing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

haahaa I used to try to sing Two Little Boys to my little fella when he was young, but I could never finish it without blubbing so I gave up :o

LOL, exactly the same, I can't make it though the "do you think I would leave you dying?" sentence. It all goes to mush from there. I actually found it hard to write that sentence, getting misty here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

This is the best one ever :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Just looking at the list and I always did My Bonny and rubbed her back while trying to sing and still at age 26 when she comes home for a visit... she still loves her back rubbed. I created a monster lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mybabydoll

We don't do nursery rhymes as such, we use the ladybird books. The Three Little Pigs is the favourite of the moment, he knows it inside out so I read one line, he recites the next kind of thing.

same as started off with Goldilocks aka boldylocks according to my daughter, her fave at the moment is The Ugly Duckling & Moving onto Topsy & Tim Books By Ladybird lets hope she likes them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭mr.mickels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

• Advertisement
Advertisement