If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 42LW550T

Options
  • 15-09-2011 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Interested in the LG 42LW550T, I think from what I've read in forums that there isn't a big difference between the 550T and the 650T that should worry one too much (similar to the minor differences between the Samsung D7000 and D8000).

I seen some say that they would have gotten bigger if they were buying again but 42" is still a fair size screen I think, I know 1080p you can be closer etc

The Room I am thinking about would be 17' by 13' and the viewers would be about 1m to 2m back from it....

I would be tempted to look at the 46" but the price would likely be pushing up then as well and it seems to be only a pickup from Belfast

Can you give me a price for the 550T to Galway
    I may be interested in a 5:1 sound system and a blueray player as well to complement it so if there are any that come to mind that you can put it with please do or even a good package deal.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there,

Apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

How big a TV is in a room is really down to personal opinion. I know people with a 50" in a very small room, I think it looks silly but they love it.

For your room size I reckon you could go up to 47", 42" would still look ok like.

Just for your information the price on the 47" is £879.95. This would need to be collected though.

We can deliver the 42" for a total of £799.90.

We're doing the excellent Onkyo HTS5405 @ £349.95:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/onkyo/hts5405/onky-hts5405

For a bluray check out the LG BD660 @ £119.95:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/lg/bd660/lg-bd660

I hope this has helped. If you've anymore questions or would like to order let me know.

Regards.
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭fearrchair

Was just running a flash tool to help select on the LG website today and noticed had a BD670 which you are selling as well. I know its a bit more but in cost but is there any advantages in going to a BD670 Blueray player.

I know its seems to have wireless and component connections and smart tv access system ....

would it be unnecessary waste as the television is a smart tv LW550T and is that smart TV aspect of the blueray only useful if my TV didn't have smart tv

Also also esp if I buy an Onkyo AV unit as well that already seems to be sharing some features of the TV.

That selection tool on the LG site also showed some 42LX6900 42LE8900 which at a glance seem similar but maybe are not as smart as the 550T are they roughly speaking the 2010 TVs ...

Would i also need to purchase some AV cables from you as well or is it common for the TV and other items to have a few to start off with.

I've a feeling its just the TV and no connections and I'd be like a lad with a new toy with no batteries !!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭fearrchair

fearrchair wrote: »
    Was just running a flash tool to help select on the LG website today and noticed had a BD670 which you are selling as well. I know its a bit more but in cost but is there any advantages in going to a BD670 Blueray player.

I know its seems to have wireless and component connections and smart tv access system ....

would it be unnecessary waste as the television is a smart tv LW550T and is that smart TV aspect of the blueray only useful if my TV didn't have smart tv

Any comment on the blueray....

Esp if I buy an Onkyo AV unit as well that already seems to be sharing some features of the TV.
    fearrchair wrote: »
    That selection tool on the LG site also showed some 42LX6900 42LE8900 which at a glance seem similar but maybe are not as smart as the 550T are they roughly speaking the 2010 TVs ...
    would this be true...

Would i also need to purchase some AV cables from you as well or is it common for the TV and other items to have a few to start off with.

I've a feeling its just the TV and no connections and I'd be like a lad with a new toy with no batteries !![/QUOTE]

I take it that that the LG LW550T is SAORVIEW approved for the ROI it has an mpeg4 tuner etc enabled.

If I go ahead with the purchase will you be taking the order here or is it on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Fearrchair.

The bluray upgrade to the 670 is an advantage as the 670 has wireless built-in so you can wirelessly access the smart system via the blu ray without having to fork out for a wireless dongle for the TV.

On the TV front, those other models are now not available.

We did stock these models, but the new series has taken over and we are unable to get the older models.

The older models were not recognised by Saorview but the 550T is.

We can take the order on the website or we can take it over the phone. Our number is 0044 333 900 0071.

Let me know if I missed anything out !

Many thanks

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.