Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording software

• 16-09-2011 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi folks, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum, so I'm going to post in a couple of sub forums to be sure, mod's feel free to delete/move as necessary...

I'm looking to find and download software that'll allow me to record streaming online audio, online music etc, I've tried the likes of freecorder, which was ok at times, but most times contained loads of glitches etc.
    Anyone know of a reliable properly-functioning program available online?

Thanks.
    Shane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

heard great things about this never had the need for it yet

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I use Easy Hi-Q

http://www.roemersoftware.com/moreinfo5.html

It is approx €30 but I like it & have got great value from it. I see on the site there is also a free version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hi folks, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum, so I'm going to post in a couple of sub forums to be sure, mod's feel free to delete/move as necessary...

I'm looking to find and download software that'll allow me to record streaming online audio, online music etc, I've tried the likes of freecorder, which was ok at times, but most times contained loads of glitches etc.
    Anyone know of a reliable properly-functioning program available online?

Thanks.
    Shane

I have used Audacity and some others .... but it would be helpful to know what Operating System you want the application for .....

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

Hi folks, I've downloaded audacity and I'm very happy with it, it seems to meet more or less all my needs. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Audacity, Reaper, Ardour, Qtractor are all free or very cheap.

I'm in the process of downloading Ubuntu Studio at the moment, seems to have quite a few packages for multi media. Will report back later perhaps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement