Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording software

Options
  • 16-09-2011 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi folks, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum, so I'm going to post in a couple of sub forums to be sure, mod's feel free to delete/move as necessary...

I'm looking to find and download software that'll allow me to record streaming online audio, online music/dj sets etc, I've tried the likes of freecorder, which was ok at times, but most times contained loads of glitches etc.
    Anyone know of a reliable properly-functioning program available online?

Thanks.
    Shane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

If your soundcard supports recording directly from the soundcard, you can just use Audacity. It's a free download, and a great application. I use it for recording and editing podcasts. Easy to use, and yet very powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

Excellent, cheers for that, I'll give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

Yup, audacity is exactly what I'm looking for, excellent program, well happy with it, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Glad you like it :) Make sure to toy around with it, there's loads of features.

Advertisement