Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Protoss or Zerg

• 16-09-2011 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49

I have been playing for a little while now and have so far played as toss but I find them a little....... lost? If that makes sense :/ . So I was thinking about switching to zerg but I'm not sure. I don't want to go terran and I thought of zerg because I love macro play.

Any advice is much appreciated!
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Terran, 100%. I totally see where you're coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

For the SWARM!
    If you like macro play, you'll love zerg. However expect yourself to be Q_Qing a bit because there are no strong zerg units, only loads of weak ones, which you can make at the blink of an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

godspal wrote: »
    For the SWARM!
    If you like macro play, you'll love zerg. However expect yourself to be Q_Qing a bit because there are no strong zerg units, only loads of weak ones, which you can make at the blink of an eye.

Ye dude infestors and broodlords so weak.

Protoss and terran are easiest to get a grasp on but once you get to certain level where you have the basics of macro, you need to learn how to be agressive, learn timings, micro and how to force reactions from the other races to progress.

While zerg is harder at the start but once you get the basics down and you learn the defence for basic cheeses you can get further with pure macro and scouting and less of the other stuff. Purely because the toss and terran that are at the level innately produce less results from macro alone.

If you wanna focus on just pure macro you will get better results eventually as zerg, but with all races your eventually gonna learn to apply pressure, harass, hit timings and all that good stuff.

In the end play the race you most enjoy for whatever reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Decerto wrote: »
    Ye dude infestors and broodlords so weak.

Getting to t3 and an economy that will support broods is difficult.

Infestors are getting nerfed. Damage nerf and removal of Nueral Parasite. Zergs only good unit before the 20 minute mark is now hobbled. You can now A move ure toss ball to victory again. Yay :pac:

Zerg are unique and fun but do yourself a favor Maicros and go Terran. It's just easier to play. Less of a headache. Go marine / tank and you will win 80% of your matches. It's lethal and in a fair fight you will win every time.

Those 90 HP Op'ed Infestors, and if only Terran and Protoss had anti-caster units, like some sort of feed-back or EMP. But I am not the creative type, so the guys at blizzard will come up with a way to make sure Terran and Protoss can deal with Zerg.

And the tier 3, super-expensive, dies to every air-unit Brood Lords. I am just surprised that Zerg doesn't have 100% win rate at this stage. Actually f*** that! 200% win rate, and they should change the name of Starcraft to Zergcraft.

And I really hate talking about balance. The only thing I have seen so far that is op'ed is that Mules and Scans cost the same amount of energy. Mules should cost 75, scans should cost 50. It will punish one base terrans a bit more. That is the only thing I can see that is Op'ed, the only thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Played Protoss into Silver but switched to Zerg then as i found too slow and boring going the same builds everytime.

Having said that Zerg is much harder at this skill level since it requires higher apm and constantly larvae injecting/creep spreading.

Also you are just constantly producing drones and units, whereas toss is literally just W + warp in whenever you want and hotkeying your robo/stargate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Maicros

Ok then Zerg it is! Back to practicing against my brother I guess :) altho I might ladder with toss a little more. I WILL get into the top fifty Cheese or no cheese!!....... preferably no cheese though :)

ok well...... I tried zerg and I loved them..... but... my laptop can't handle the amount of units Q_Q..... so I am toss again YAY!!........yay :(

Turn the graphics down to their lowest level.

I have Q_Q. My laptop looks like its running 98 just so I can play protoss lag free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 michaelyou

starcraft broodwar then protoss is easiest for beginners, in sc2 its another story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Protoss is still easy -- get 2 bases sit there with cannons, get colossi, HT and chargelots. 1a at 200 supply - win.

Hard game really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Play Protoss so you can Nexus first every game, like a boss! Except PvP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 michaelyou

terran for sure :)

ohhh ya I forgot about this tread oops :/

I managed to coax/beat my laptop into submission and I can now play zerg though mass ling is out of the question. Kinda doing ok but still finding it confusing I think I just need more experience but first year computer science keeps getting in the way :(

thanks for the help though guys!

Advertisement