Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Motorsport 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

dont forget the additon of the top gear test track

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

is it me or is it very douche to answer, by qouting each sentence?

its just you
    gt5 was rubbish and you know it m8. just maybe good old school GT that brought you to the world of SIM drivers is not letting you to admit it.

rubbish how exactly.
    gt5 physics better then old ones, yes, but is is better then other games? lol no, it wouldnt be even good for arcade game. it makes BUMP sound when you hit car and it automaticly pushes you away!!!! ITS A SIM!!! how could they let it go?!
    Forza 3 A.I is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then gt5, it actuolly reacts at what player does, wheres in all GT series it goes by best line out there and newer interacts. after first lap, you will newer see then changing theyr spots, they will just go in to train line and thats it!

iv a feeling you haven't played much of GT5. iv seen AI cars overtaking, bumping, spinning out. what more do you want. there really is no difference between the AI on either game.

GT was my first sim. It was my first baby step in petrolheads journey. Unfortunatly now its ****. With amount of recourses and time they had, it could have been best game in its class. Now it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

2hquons.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i never said tuning was pointless, i did a lot of it myself. why though would they put so much focus on painting and video making in a so called racing sim while at the same taking out the whole racing aspect (custom lobbies). the number of people online in the first few weeks speaks for itself. these 'cool game modes' were stuck in to try to get a few back but the game was long dead by then.

because they can, il take more content any day, why have the best painting/customization system of any sim :confused: because people like to differentiate the cars they are driving, no one wants to be driving the same car as everyone else, as for the online aspect, its far from dead buddy just go online and have a look, the cool game modes are exactly that cool, who doesnt want to take a break from serious racing every now and showcase what cars youve got, also tag can take a lot of skill to be good at so dont dismiss it,

you also said that graphics arnt that important in one of your other posts :rolleyes: its a racing sim ffs of course graphics are important they add to the immersion of the game,

forza 3 was a better car game than gt5 simple as, forza 4 will be in a different league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

its just you

rubbish how exactly.

iv a feeling you haven't played much of GT5. iv seen AI cars overtaking, bumping, spinning out. what more do you want. there really is no difference between the AI on either game.

2hquons.jpg

1277313314854.jpg

forza 3 was a better car game than gt5 simple as, forza 4 will be in a different league

fair enough you obviously like the mini games and i did like the storefront for paints etc. but how can you consider F3 better than GT5.

the most important thing in a racing sim is the driving. in forza you have assisted steering constantly on to make it easier to play with a pad, if you use the clutch you can shift down without it and it wont affect your time :confused:. then theres the engine and 4wd swaps, loading cars up with power but leaving the stock tires on is the fastest setup :confused:.

how can that be considered a sim?

• Advertisement

fair enough you obviously like the mini games and i did like the storefront for paints etc. but how can you consider F3 better than GT5.

the most important thing in a racing sim is the driving. in forza you have assisted steering constantly on to make it easier to play with a pad, if you use the clutch you can shift down without it and it wont affect your time :confused:. then theres the engine and 4wd swaps, loading cars up with power but leaving the stock tires on is the fastest setup :confused:.

how can that be considered a sim?

i would like to point out gt5 aint a sim either, go play iracing and then you will know what a sim is, forza and gt are hybrid arcade/sim racers, and forza is the better game

i would like to point out gt5 aint a sim either, go play iracing and then you will know what a sim is, forza and gt are hybrid arcade/sim racers, and forza is the better game
    the only thing bad about 3 was the lack of custom lobbies which ive heard they brought back for 4, it was definitely the best console sim i have ever played

ah the old go play iracing argument. also note the bolded part of your post above. as i pointed out forza isn't close to being a sim. iv also answered the original question of why i thought F3 was terrible so i'll leave it at that.

ah the old go play iracing argument. also note the bolded part of your post above. as i pointed out forza isn't close to being a sim. iv also answered the original question of why i thought F3 was terrible so i'll leave it at that.

im confused :confused: console sim = arcade/sim, thats not a bad thing but thats just how it is, gt5 isnt close to being a sim either, it has crap damage, crappy ai, crap physics.

youre saying forza isnt close to being a sim which games like iracing and rfactor are, i just pointed out gt5 isnt close to those sim games either its a valid point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i think it should be "troll" , not "trolled"

• Advertisement

im confused :confused: console sim = arcade/sim, thats not a bad thing but thats just how it is, gt5 isnt close to being a sim either, it has crap damage, crappy ai, crap physics.

youre saying forza isnt close to being a sim which games like iracing and rfactor are, i just pointed out gt5 isnt close to those sim games either its a valid point

the problem is your just spouting sh*te with no facts to back it up. both games have crap AI and damage. iv given examples of forzas crap physics but you cant do the same for GT5.

im also well aware, even though i haven't played either game, that rfactor and iracing are miles ahead in terms of realism. ;)

prefer this one myself :D
    anyone who defends gt5 over forza this much has to be trolling

prefer this one myself :D

OR

fanboys.jpg

the problem is your just spouting sh*te with no facts to back it up. both games have crap AI and damage. iv given examples of forzas crap physics but you cant do the same for GT5.

im also well aware, even though i haven't played either game, that rfactor and iracing are miles ahead in terms of realism. ;)

not that i need to feed you or anything but

Physics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL4acUz4nJw&feature=player_embedded

Ai: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IiKt9gBiOo

damage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqtD5DN70cI&feature=related

not defending anything just pointing out the facts ;)

the problem with youtube is you can find anything to suit yourself :rolleyes:

physics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIao4lOKBBM&feature=related

AI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZQtLAHNs3I

damage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcgMspx4wP8

as i said neither game does any of those things well and really it doesn't matter. you buy a racing sim to drive, if you want to crash buy burnout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

zero19 wrote: »
    http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood4/ Lots of interesing info on the game here if anyone missed it, can't wait for it. :D

Wait, wait, wait... Indy's in F4?

Oh hell fúcking yes.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Wait, wait, wait... Indy's in F4?

Oh hell fúcking yes.

dont think there are indy cars in it though

the problem with youtube is you can find anything to suit yourself :rolleyes:

physics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIao4lOKBBM&feature=related

AI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZQtLAHNs3I

damage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcgMspx4wP8

as i said neither game does any of those things well and really it doesn't matter. you buy a racing sim to drive, if you want to crash buy burnout.

you asked for proof and i gave it, stop trolling ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

I'd love some open wheel cars in 4, Caterhams, KTM Xbow, Ariel Atom etc, as well as open wheel race cars!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

dont think there are indy cars in it though

Don't need them, Indy itself is way more than enough.

Hopefully there will be a few other good ovals in F4, as well as a nice variation.
    Motegi (1.5-mile egg oval), Sedona (fictional 1.5-mile oval) and Sunset Peninsula (fictional 2.5-mile tri-oval) just really wasn't enough. No short ovals, no flat ovals, no quad-ovals :/
    And the oval races in campaign were crap too. Seriously, who races them backwards, and who starts an oval race with a standing start?!?!

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    I'd love some open wheel cars in 4, Caterhams, KTM Xbow, Ariel Atom etc, as well as open wheel race cars!

yeah t10 really have to start getting some of these cars into the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

I'm looking forward to it since the day when the new Xbox came out, I'll be getting it from Smyths probaby as I've got some money left on the Gift Card.

BTW, Are the credits in Forza 3 gonna be transferred onto Forza 4?
    Coz I don't wanna waste my 23,00,000. :D

you asked for proof and i gave it, stop trolling ffs

:pac: proof of what exactly? i never said it had great damage or AI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Forza 4 has some deal with ALMS, if IndyCar are smart (and Turn 10 are bothered) they should sign over the rights for next year's chassis to them and try to get the teams to release liveries regularly. Simple to do, free publicity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

gt cars lmp cars and the fantastic engine noises are the reason i love forza 3 cant wait for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

I'm playing Forza 3 right now and That Multi-screen option is quite good for showing the dashboard. Forza failed at the Cockpit view in my Opinion, hope they have a wider view in Forza 4.

I'm playing Forza 3 right now and That Multi-screen option is quite good for showing the dashboard. Forza failed at the Cockpit view in my Opinion, hope they have a wider view in Forza 4.

yeah i agree the cockpits where not great in forza 3 but it was the first time ever doing them so hopefully they will be better this time around, any idea what the car count is this time around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

I loved forza 3 and cant wait for forza 4. Some bits I hope to see in forza 4 would be: The online system in 3 was rubbish. It used to take ages for me to get a race so I actually stopped playing it online after a few weeks.

Also the online drag racing was a joke. Everyone had the stupid datsun lol.

Would be nice if there was drift races in the carrer mode. Also if cars got worn down like in real life. For example if you are hoping the limiter you should be able to blow your engine. If the engines needed a rebuild every now and again.
    Would be class to be flat out down a massive striaght listing to bottom end bearings knocking and smoke flying out the exhaust etc:D:D.

If there are e30 318is or 325i sports I would be delighted. Oh and I hope you can put a e36 m3 engine into the E30 m3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Couple of questions for you. Is Kinect needed for Forza 4 or will an older model Elite be sufficient? Are there any freebies with the Limited Edition like there was with F3, USB key, cars etc.

Looking forward to this game.

Advertisement