Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Motorsport 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I pre-ordered the LCE version too as there is a good amount of DLC for the money with it. Plus with the VIP pass thats in the LCE you get more pre tuned cars from Turn 10 every few weeks or so.

Well worth the extra €s I think and good value from a LCE which is rare these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Will the cars from our garage in FM3 gonna be transferred to Fm4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Dcully wrote: »
    So im being elitist because i only race my sims with all aids off? :rolleyes:
    When im simracing i want total realism,i dont want driving assists of any form.
    I think its fine for games to offer assists on or off options but to label those that prefer to not use them elitist is a ridiculous statement.

+1

The only aid I ever used when playing Forza was ABS.

That's another thing I have always been critical about. There are some classic cars like the E-type Jag which never had ABS, yet it's possible to have it in the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I meant anyone who is entirely hostile to their existence is elitist, which they are, not people who play simracing.

There'll always be a place for hardcore racing sims. It's only fair to acknowledge not everyone wants to play that way, and to give out about the assists being there when they're 100% optional is silly.

Forza 4 is a game for both groups, and that's only to be encouraged.

Fair enough i took it the wrong way, and yeah i fully agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

• Advertisement

I NEVER use ANY aids in Fm3, even when driving the Prototypes.

Will the cars from our garage in FM3 gonna be transferred to Fm4?

Only 9 select cars will be, and that's if you happened to buy them. You will also unlock other cars depending on what level you got to in F3. Here's the list.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood2/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

car soccer :eek: coolness, really seems like they have fixed the mp lobbies this time around, and the player limit is up to 16 players, thats great news why haven't i heard about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I pre-ordered the LCE version too as there is a good amount of DLC for the money with it. Plus with the VIP pass thats in the LCE you get more pre tuned cars from Turn 10 every few weeks or so.

Well worth the extra €s I think and good value from a LCE which is rare these days.

We'red u pre order it?

unklerosco wrote: »
    We'red u pre order it?

I had it ordered with Amazon because they were the cheapest but I changed to gamestop.ie because I'm an impatient bastid and want this asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I had it ordered with Amazon because they were the cheapest but I changed to gamestop.ie because I'm an impatient bastid and want this asap.

my brother in law still waiting on RAGE from amazon lol

gamestop for new releases, end of story :D

im going to trade in three games for it in gamestop i think, their list has gta IV, uncharted 2 and tdu2 so il give them in, better be no fecking switcheroos on what games are allowed when i get there

my brother in law still waiting on RAGE from amazon lol

gamestop for new releases, end of story :D

That's because the new editions of Rage were not sold directly by Amazon but by a third party as far as I know for some reason. They can take up to a week.

If it's sold directly by Amazon I get my deliveries in two working days with free and standard post and 1 working day with express.

Just don't go near Play of The Hut for new releases unless you want them next month. Actually don't touch Play full stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Anyone getting the wireless Speed Wheel for Forza?
    I just had a look at one in Gamestop and I'm kinda tempted. From what little reviews I've seen it seems to work well and the reaction times are acceptable.

Gamestop just shipped my copy. Should have it tomorrow after work:). I would happen to be working all weekend this week:mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Would it be possible to change your pre-order to the Limited Edition pack?

I'm sort of wondering whether it's worth it or not. I never really used Xbox Live in the past anyway.

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Would it be possible to change your pre-order to the Limited Edition pack?

I'm sort of wondering whether it's worth it or not. I never really used Xbox Live in the past anyway.

There is one in Game at Galway, you can book it. 10 Euro extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Gamestop just shipped my copy. Should have it tomorrow after work:). I would happen to be working all weekend this week:mad:.

Same here - although unless you requested express post I'd be surprised if you get it tomorrow!

Ordered the wireless speed wheel too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Anywhere selling this at midnight? Tesco maybe?

saw the tv ad on rte :mad: stop teasing me dammit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

saw the tv ad on rte :mad: stop teasing me dammit

you dont know a thing about teasing, man!!!!

i was in gamestop today, collectors editions behind the till... lads know me, so they game me one to look at! Was so tempted to run out with forza4 in my hands lol! :p though i am not fancy driving to next town gamestop to buy games till the rest of my life lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

The speed wheel arrived today by courier even though I selected normal shipping :eek:

Forza 4 didn't arrive though even though it was shipped yesterday by snail mail :(

Hopefully tomorrow and it's the collectors edition as well :D

All from gamestop.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Mine arrived today, love it!

Soccer online is a good laugh

so the soccer is good? cool i love those little game modes, are there any big open tracks for tag? like the benchmark A track

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

The speed wheel arrived today by courier even though I selected normal shipping :eek:

just googled the speed wheel. i reckon you've just brought the total sold to 1 :pac:

honestly for something so gimmicky and expensive you'd be better off looking on ebay for a second hand fanatec.

so the soccer is good? cool i love those little game modes, are there any big open tracks for tag? like the benchmark A track

Yep, all the benchmark ones are there as part of the launch pack. Haven't loaded them up but assume they're the very same

I only played soccer with 8 people but that was crazy enough. Its more down to luck than skill but demolition derbys are fun :D I thought it might be restricted to certain cars but its free choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Anyone know if there taking driver san francisco anywhere as a trade in? or how much theyd give for it?

The Boards.ie Bugatti returns ;)

Big shot photo so huuge (23mb)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10657741/ForzaBigshot.bmp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I'm not gonna lie, that looks savage... I thought it was an actual pic of a car when I saw it first.. I'm off down to Gamestop to get it now. Bye bye Friday....

For anyone that doesn't want to download the pic..
    177980.jpg

• Advertisement

unklerosco wrote: »
    For anyone that doesn't want to download the pic..

Its worth the download to see it fullsize and uncompressed

Advertisement