Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Motorsport 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Can't wait to finish work and get to gamestop!!! Is it 13:00 already?! No.. FFs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

just googled the speed wheel. i reckon you've just brought the total sold to 1 :pac:

honestly for something so gimmicky and expensive you'd be better off looking on ebay for a second hand fanatec.

It suits my needs.

Reviews were good.

No room for the Fanatec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Yep, all the benchmark ones are there as part of the launch pack. Haven't loaded them up but assume they're the very same

I only played soccer with 8 people but that was crazy enough. Its more down to luck than skill but demolition derbys are fun :D I thought it might be restricted to certain cars but its free choice

is the launch pack free? ive only gotten the standard this time around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

is the launch pack free? ive only gotten the standard this time around

Yeah it came included with my normal version, i assume its included in the first run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

picked the collectors edition up in xtravison there for 59.99, install faster ffs!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

some questions.

whats online like? custom lobbies or matchmaking?
    is there still a storefront?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Anyone know if there taking driver san francisco anywhere as a trade in? or how much theyd give for it?

I traded Driver SF at HMV last week and got €31 credit for it, not sure if that still applies though.

Got home with my forza!! Woot!

Turn on xbox: update...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Anyone spot any new console bundle deals with forza 4? I was hoping to pick up a 250gb slim with a copy of forza and maybe fifa this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Got home with my forza!! Woot!

Turn on xbox: update...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Just installing Disc 2 now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

the simulation steering is really good (and by that i mean im spinning my car the whole time when pushing hard :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Rivals mode is great craic, it was definitely worth the wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Very tempted by HMV's price of €41.99 let's hope they keep that up for the flood of new stuff in the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭readmylips

got forza4 LCE in gamestop today 69 yoyos ! was sure it was 60 ish everywhere else but got good deal on trade ins. got some forza bball caps tho !! saw reg version in hmv for 41.00, smyths were 50 and game was 48 i think ! anyway...deal done now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Bought this today and I am pretty underwhelmed to be honest. It feels the exact same as Forza 3.

All cars drive very similarly too.

Hmmmmmmm so far mixed bag of emotions.

I don't know if visually I see any difference. I don't care autovista bull****, I am not racing there, so it's just burden for me.

I like improved physics. When you throw are sliding with mx5 it feels right, if you won't control it nicely it will roughly throw you back like in real car.

That 1 on 1 battle with traffic is best thing in forza 4. Alot of fun. Extra traffic adds quite interesting moments.

One thing I don't like: it's all over the shop!!!! I wanted to take mx5 and do as much as possible events with it, but in new system it makes you change it every single race. Which even more weird I entered yaris s battle with mx5... I was like wtf?

I really dont like that jumping from one event in to other... Or I don't understand something.

One more thing: the are waaaaay to generous with credits... I am level 7 and got 171k....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Just got my copy today, it is on it's way home. :D
    Super excited!!

Rivals section is awesome. Top gear in KIA!!! Woot!! Did it in 1.48 something :)

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Bought this today and I am pretty underwhelmed to be honest. It feels the exact same as Forza 3.

All cars drive very similarly too.

did you not play the demo? i found the same with all the cars in that.

• Advertisement

played some online, was good crack. holded 4th place, but then ofc asshole with citroen came over and ramed me on secend last corner... droped to 6th :(

i played forza 4 for 4 hours. that is a lot! :p

cant remember what i played for 4 hours like that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

did you not play the demo? i found the same with all the cars in that.

No, I really should've though.

As has been mentioned, they are way too generous with the credits also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I downloaded the Bonus Track Pack and did a lap in the kia around the topgear track (1:49.87) but when i go to play car soccer it says it is not installed. Any help appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Yeah i agree, the credits thing is a pity. Also it doesn't take long to earn enough manufacturer affinity to get nearly all parts for free that's a bit silly and you end up with even more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

The TV advert music.. illuminati worship-hop using King Crimson's "21st century schizoid man". Oxymoron much?! hardly bedfellows. Either an insult or an epic fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I downloaded the Bonus Track Pack and did a lap in the kia around the topgear track (1:49.87) but when i go to play car soccer it says it is not installed. Any help appreciated

I don't think the top gear track is part of that pack, isn't it standard?

Credits are very easy to get, yeah. Maybe they're trying to stop people selling credits?

LH Pathe wrote: »
    The TV advert music.. illuminati worship-hop using King Crimson's "21st century schizoid man". Oxymoron much?! hardly bedfellows. Either an insult or an epic fail

Guys, is it me or there no zonda too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Guys, is it me or there no zonda too....

There is in the free play...

• Advertisement

unklerosco wrote: »
    There is in the free play...

I presume z should be in the back, but nothing. Maybe it's something that must be won, not bought.

Advertisement