Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Motorsport 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I presume z should be in the back, but nothing. Maybe it's something that must be won, not bought.

Zonda is the model not the manufacturer, try searching for Pagani ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Testament1 wrote: »
    Zonda is the model not the manufacturer, try searching for Pagani ;)

Omg... Feel so stupid... Thx man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Bought this today and I am pretty underwhelmed to be honest. It feels the exact same as Forza 3.

All cars drive very similarly too.

This feels very differently to F3 imo. The cars handle much more life like. Turn the assists off and the difference to F3 and F4 is very big indeed. The only assists I use is TCS unless I'm using one of those crazy yank cars and I use ASM for them too. It was fairly easy to correct a slide in F3, in F4 you have more work on your hands to handle it with non assisted steering.

Also, the AI, they are no walk over any more. In F3 I could charge away from the field no problem with the same rated cars, now it takes a bit of work to cut up the grid and find room to overtake as the AI don't back down like they used to in F3.

Overall F4 is a great update to Forza imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Maybe I need to give Forza 4 more time.

I've yet to buy a Volvo 242 and do my S60R engine swap.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

well level 25 will do for today :P

really enjoying this game, the handling is definitely much more unforgiving than in forza 3 have all aids off apart from traction control

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

This feels very differently to F3 imo. The cars handle much more life like. Turn the assists off and the difference to F3 and F4 is very big indeed. The only assists I use is TCS unless I'm using one of those crazy yank cars and I use ASM for them too. It was fairly easy to correct a slide in F3, in F4 you have more work on your hands to handle it with non assisted steering.

the steering in forza is always assisted, even with 'simulation' steering. thats the reason you find it hard to correct a slide because the game takes over and over corrects sending you spinning off in the opposite direction. good video showing it in action here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

How about a Boards Club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

How about a Boards Club?
    I'd be interested in that, loving the rivals section so far and a club would make that a bit more fun competing against others on here.

Il make one in 10 mins

Club name: BOARDS IRL
    TAG: BIRL

• Advertisement

I'll join when playing next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

il join loving the rivals, one thing that just really annoyed me about the game, went to buy a car and it was dlc only :( that sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Game same really as Forza 3 , not a bad thing, I'm enjoying it so far.

Buts whats with the awful music still, even if you are into that genre of electronic stuff I find it hard to believe that you would like it.

Really with a game of this size they could have licensed some decent stuff.

calex71 wrote: »
    Game same really as Forza 3 , not a bad thing, I'm enjoying it so far.

Buts whats with the awful music still, even if you are into that genre of electronic stuff I find it hard to believe that you would like it.

Really with a game of this size they could have licensed some decent stuff.
    Just use your own or turn the music off completely, the cars sound better anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dor83 wrote: »
    Just use your own or turn the music off completely, the cars sound better anyway.

Ah thats what I did, I connected my mp3 player and am speeding around to the sounds of 'codes and keys' by Death cab for Cutie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Played it last night, made my way upto Level 12.
    Bought a Suzuki Liana due to sheer excitement.
    Bought an E39 M5.
    And won some cars including The might Mercedes 190e. The thing I love about Forza 4 is that you can take the spoiler off.
    All the Tracks and cars have been revised, it's NOT the same as Forza 4.
    Pity the credits didn't tranfer from Forza 3. All your Vinyls will be there.
    Unlike Forza 3, you can change the class after every single race and decide the kind of winnings you like.

Just joined the club, added my Camaro SS, R8 and Veyron to the club garage if anyone wants to use them. I'm not sure how much use the club garage will be really because it is fairly easy to get credits so people will probably buy there own cars instead, but they are there to use if anyone needs them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Not impressed at all, so much so I'd nearly sell it.

It's no where near as good as 3, it's very "arcadey" and I find it fairly easy to control the car.

Not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Not impressed at all, so much so I'd nearly sell it.

It's no where near as good as 3, it's very "arcadey" and I find it fairly easy to control the car.

Not impressed.

I'll buy it off ya for a Fiver :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'll buy it off ya for a Fiver :pac:

I'll rent it to ya for a week for a fiver! :pac:

• Advertisement

I know I will get my teeth kick in for what I say now, but feck it, here it goes:

I like driving in shift 2 more then forza 4....

*runs away for his life*

If they could combine shift 2 driving and a.I. With forza4 interface, rival, car list etc it would make a perfect game for me.

The credit thing is a joke... I got 300k and about 20+++ cars. Veyron including... This is where I loved gt1 back then. Buying second hand car, then race to get more money and buy better second hand car. After awile you sell all cars and try to buy something decent etc...

Some can call it a grind and forza 4 cuts it out so we can enjoy more of driving, but for me earning cars was part of simulation :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

How do i find the boards club lads?

I know I will get my teeth kick in for what I say now, but feck it, here it goes:

I like driving in shift 2 more then forza 4....

*runs away for his life*

If they could combine shift 2 driving and a.I. With forza4 interface, rival, car list etc it would make a perfect game for me.
    I didn't really like shift that much myself, I've always liked Forza(and Burnout but thats completely different) more than other driving games and still like it but there are too many assists in it now, you can just turn them off though.

Another thing, I can't figure out how to use the clutch properly, I'm using a controller if that makes a difference.
    The credit thing is a joke... I got 300k and about 20+++ cars. Veyron including... This is where I loved gt1 back then. Buying second hand car, then race to get more money and buy better second hand car. After awile you sell all cars and try to buy something decent etc...

Some can call it a grind and forza 4 cuts it out so we can enjoy more of driving, but for me earning cars was part of simulation :(.
    Completely agree with you on this, the sense of achievement when you got the more expensive cars was one of the best things about the single player but now it's too easy to get credits. That's why I find myself playing rivals more tbh, it feels more like I'm actually earning something when I put in a good time on rivals.

I still love the game as a whole but will defo be using the multiplayer/community a lot more than the single player.

seems to be very little custom lobbies around? anyone else notice it? circuit racing is the only type of custom lobbies i can find

seems to be very little custom lobbies around? anyone else notice it? circuit racing is the only type of custom lobbies i can find
    I haven't played online races yet, I keep getting disconnected from the Forza servers today and don't want it to happen mid race so am avoiding it until that's sorted for me. We should organise a few games some night for people in the club/on boards, few races and play a bit of car soccer would be fun.

zero19 wrote: »
    How do i find the boards club lads?
    Go to community, then select my club and you should be able to search for the tag, which is BIRL, and it will send a request to join automatically. That was how I did it anyway.

yeah some club racing/soccer/tag would be great, how many people are in the club now? it was only me and copper pipe a while back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

dor83 wrote: »

How do you do that actually?

That's another thing I hate about the game.

VolvoMan wrote: »
    How do you do that actually?

That's another thing I hate about the game.
    There is an option to turn off music in the audio settings, I'm not sure exactly where coz I'm not on the xbox atm, but it is defo in the audio options somewhere.

EDIT: Before a race there is a tab that says audio below difficulty and you can turn the in race music off from there.

• Advertisement

finally beat that time you put down on the top gear track with the kia dor83 :D took me a while, had to do it before i head to work for the night

Advertisement