Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does a phone un-qualify for Broadband?

Options
  • 16-09-2011 4:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

I recently moved into my neighbours old house which they had broadband in at the time before they left. I recently got the phone line switched back on yet it doesn't qualify for broadband and eircom tries to sell me dial up :/ it is lucky at the moment i have 5-6 Mbps avg mobile broadband but i need a DSL service for my PS3 and Xbox 360. Other lines qualify here too i don't see how it stopped being compatible for BB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Too far from the exchange or line quality being crappy. Is this house in the sticks? Usually they still sell you BB but speeds are slower and it can drop a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

chris2008x wrote: »
    I recently moved into my neighbours old house which they had broadband in at the time before they left. I recently got the phone line switched back on yet it doesn't qualify for broadband and eircom tries to sell me dial up :/ it is lucky at the moment i have 5-6 Mbps avg mobile broadband but i need a DSL service for my PS3 and Xbox 360. Other lines qualify here too i don't see how it stopped being compatible for BB.
    Hi Chris,

Can you send on your telephone number and I can look into the broadband line test for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement