Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digital survey for PP

• 16-09-2011 8:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Just wondering if people can post their experiences in making planning applications lately in relation to what must be carried out- Mainly for domestic applications as some planning authorities have different costs. This is mainly in relation to keeping costs down.

So do people get a digital survey completed of a site on every occasion or does it depend on the council? I very rarely get a digital survey done and have never had a problem with mainly domestic extension and new build applications (not to many lately mind!). I have never had a problem with Meath, Cavan, Sligo or Monaghan county councils with this policy so long as I provide spot levels on site.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

The criteria hasn't changed for the required documentation for a planning application, some LA's differ in the degree of detail they require, or the emphasis on particular detail, but overall it is the same.

It is not a requirement of any LA that any application must be submitted in digital format, infact I know people who still submit full hand done applications, I done one recently my-self.
    as some planning authorities have different costs.
    Can you elabourate on this, Planning fees are standard throughout the country.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Hey folks,

Just wondering if people can post their experiences in making planning applications lately in relation to what must be carried out- Mainly for domestic applications as some planning authorities have different costs. This is mainly in relation to keeping costs down.

So do people get a digital survey completed of a site on every occasion or does it depend on the council? I very rarely get a digital survey done and have never had a problem with mainly domestic extension and new build applications (not to many lately mind!). I have never had a problem with Meath, Cavan, Sligo or Monaghan county councils with this policy so long as I provide spot levels on site.
    Survey: like you said with exts, I'd rarely bother, unless the particulars require really require it. with new applic's it seems the done thing to have a Dig'survey as it helps with specific's of heights, boundaries, contours, drainage, neighbouring buildings etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Unless its a complex site I just get spot levels around the site, a few around the proposed perc and treatment plant, around any buildings or features on the site or adjoining sites, at 10/20m intervals along the road and at 10/20m intervals for a section through the site and to give me a FFL.
    I have all the gear to carry out a level survey and it gets me out of the office for a couple of hours and it gives me a chance to have a good tramp all around the site myself instead of paying someone else to do it for me

Advertisement