Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphonewarehouse.ie Appaling Service

Options
  • 16-09-2011 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Dear all,
    May i take a moment of your time to document carphonewarhouse's awfully useless customer service?

Tuesday 5th September, Ordered HP netbook, delivery time 3-5 days, receive confirmation email which gives order number and last 4 digits of my debit card

Monday 12th, still no sign, so i ring customer care, woman is very apologetic, doesnt know why i havent got it yet, promises i will have it before my mothers birthday (Friday 16th September), she will ring back on Wednesday the 14th to confirm

Wednesday 14th, approaching 5pm, no call, so i rang customer care, different person, says they have to email the sales team, i just want to cancel at this stage, they dont have authority to do that either, has to go through sales team, they will ring me back in 24 hours, supposedly. Furious at this stage

Thursday 15th, surprise surprise no call by 5pm, I ring again, ask for supervisor, they say one wouldnt be able to help, will email sales team to get back to me.

As you can see they are really taking the piss, i thought they were reputable, i dont mean to moan either, but im undergoing chemo at the moment and dont have much spare time to be dealing with their nonsense, im really close to loosing it with them, can anyone please suggest what to do?

Ps. they havent taken money from my account yet, but judging from the confirmation email they have my debit card details and can charge at any time, i just want to cancel at this stage

EDIT: Resolved, order cancelled, albeit without an apology.

CPW dont value your custom, please do me a favour and buy elsewhere, dont give this ungrateful company your money!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Go to your bank and tell them you want this transaction cancelled, they won't be able to stop the payment but when it does show on your account you can insist on a chargeback. Now contact CPW by email giving the order details and cancel the order as you have not received the goods and under distance selling regulations you can cancel the order up to seven days after receiving the item for change of mind.

Tell your bank that the order has been cancelled for non-delivery and insist on them doing a chargeback if and when CPW take money from your account!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Xpsgamer

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Go to your bank and tell them you want this transaction cancelled, they won't be able to stop the payment but when it does show on your account you can insist on a chargeback. Now contact CPW by email giving the order details and cancel the order as you have not received the goods and under distance selling regulations you can cancel the order up to seven days after receiving the item for change of mind.

Tell your bank that the order has been cancelled for non-delivery and insist on them doing a chargeback if and when CPW take money from your account!

Cheers for the reply, getting through to anyone thats able to help in CPW is almost impossible. Should i contact the bank now and tell them to be on the lookout, even though they havent charged yet?

By the way is this the normal level of service for CPW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Yes no harm contacting your bank but probably better calling in to them if possible,

I don't know much about the CPW now but a manager(who now works for 3) had me barred from their Carlow store a number of years ago for returning a faulty phone, they even sent me out a threatening letter advising me against using the Carlow store again, but back then they lost all interest in customers once they had taken your money and they were always in the local papers in reports about them losing small claims court cases that went all the way to the court stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

foggy_lad wrote: »

If you want to cancel don't hang around in case the laptop is shipped out anytime soon. While distance selling rules say the consumer can indeed simply return it within 7 days of delivery, they also say the consumer is responsible for the return shipping costs in such circumstance.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement