Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

latest to pay repeat fees

Options
  • 16-09-2011 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

i was wondering when is the latest i could pay the repeat fees, as i will have to repeat 3, so thats 230x3 , i am hoping to try and put paying it off as i am hoping to get a job over the next few weeks, if not i will have to get an overdraft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

afaik you can pay it whenever, however you won't be able to access results, progress to the next stage/graduate or access transcipts until its paid off. So it doesn't really matter when you pay, until next January when the semester 1 results come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

ah thats a relief... cause il be getting my grant in jan/feb cause il be progressing to the next stage then so will wait till then ! thanks... nd 230 per module to repeat is totally unjustified... im not even resiting any of the three repeats all im doing is 3 essays!! its totally crazy and unfair, 50euro per repeat is more than enough when your not resiting an exam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

There are some good reasons for and against having high repeat fess, but its not something I'm getting into :)

I'm basing what I said on this: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/fee_payment_dates.htm#con so I would confirm with the fees and grant office before making a definitive plan, just to be sure. But I'm pretty sure you can pay whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

corkman123 wrote: »
    i was wondering when is the latest i could pay the repeat fees, as i will have to repeat 3, so thats 230x3 , i am hoping to try and put paying it off as i am hoping to get a job over the next few weeks, if not i will have to get an overdraft

You have to pay half of all fees that you are liable for for this year to be registered until January. So that would be €345 + €79 + half student contribution (€1000 euro, but this may be covered as part of the grant)

You would probably be unwise to attempt to continue in college without checking whether or not you are properly registered. Might, in early October find your Student Card has expired :eek:

i dont have to pay any reg fee if im not taking up new modules in sept, that only came out this year, so il have to pay 230x3 plus 78, its only if your taking up new modules plus the repeats where u have to pay the reg fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

bank of Ireland r doing an offer for students ...overdraft 600 euro and u dnt have to pay back for the next 4 years .....

im sure u dnt need me to tell u the intrest will probably kill you...but its an option ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

You won't allowed to access the library after about 7-8 weeks of not paying the fees.

ah rite... aib offer an interest frr overdratf of 1500, il be able to prove il be getting my grant in jan to pay it back

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I had a repeat last year which I registered to in January and didn't pay until a few days before the results came out. A hold was placed on my account and I got a few letters/emails about it, but I was still able to use the library.

yea, i dont think that they are that strict once you let them know and prove you can/will pay the fees

• Advertisement
Advertisement