Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sounds won't work on some Ipad apps

• 16-09-2011 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭

Hey i am recently having a problem getting sound on some of my apps. My sky sports app works fine but others like filmon and channel 4od don't have any sound no matter what i try. any idea how to fix this? i have tried restarting etc.

any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is it jailbroken?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Is it jailbroken?

no it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Have you tried unintalling the apps and reinstalling??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

tallpaul wrote: »
    Have you tried unintalling the apps and reinstalling??

no i have not! will give it a try thanks.

sound works with virtually everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Have you got mute turned on? That is have you got the slider button at the side that used to be the orientation lock pushed down?

Mute on iPad doesn't mute all apps but it definitely does mute 4od and sky. I made the mistake myself and it took me a few days to figure out why 4od was silent. It's a confusing feature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

Thank you Whimsical! I have been puzzled for a couple of weeks as to why sound was working on some apps, but not others.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Barnacle1

Hi Guys
    I know this is an old board, but hope someone can help. I bought a new iPad (3) and loaded Filmon, a great app which i had on my old iPad1. Despite trying everything I could think of, I still have no sound, picture ok. All other apps I have with sound are fine, just Filmon. I have read the boards on this but nothing seem to work. I have Filmon on my phone, no problem. Can anyone help?
    Gerry.

Just tried everything again, reset the whole thing, and app is great, sound and vision. Thanks for reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

The same thing happened to me, muted the ipad with that switch then changed that for orientation, was so confused why the sound only worked on some things

Hi Kenno90, bit of a bummer that, but all well now. Filmon were looking for a sub of @10 a month for the service, but have the free one loaded so all well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Kenno90 wrote: »
    The same thing happened to me, muted the ipad with that switch then changed that for orientation, was so confused why the sound only worked on some things

Same here. Felt a right tool when I figured out I had it muted.

Advertisement