Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming build

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Nice - much better than that ebay one.
    The blu ray drive is a slim one though - probably aimed at laptops and small PCs so you should switch that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Looks like they've just had a load of stock delivered.

Ok I've left the Blu-ray out. Not much choice and it wasn't really needed anyway. I switched to the saphire card because it's in stock.

Total build cost: €916.87 + €30 shipping
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155 €182.13
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1,5TB, SATA II (HD155UI) €53.54
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 650W €70.77
    Rechner - Zusammenbau €20.00
    D-Link DWA-547 Rangebooster PCI Adapter €30.89
    Logitech Speaker System Z323 €34.09
    Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse €40.39
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws PC3-10667U CL9 €36.28
    FRACTAL DESIGN Gehäuse DEFINE R3 Black Pearl €90.77
    MSI P67A-GD55 (B3), Intel P67, ATX, DDR3 €125.45
    Sapphire HD 6950 Dirt3, 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express €232.56

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Seanbeag1 wrote: »
    Ok I've left the Blu-ray out. Not much choice and it wasn't really needed anyway. I switched to the saphire card because it's in stock.

Total build cost: €916.87 + €30 shipping
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155 €182.13
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1,5TB, SATA II (HD155UI) €53.54
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 650W €70.77
    Rechner - Zusammenbau €20.00
    D-Link DWA-547 Rangebooster PCI Adapter €30.89
    Logitech Speaker System Z323 €34.09
    Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse €40.39
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws PC3-10667U CL9 €36.28
    FRACTAL DESIGN Gehäuse DEFINE R3 Black Pearl €90.77
    MSI P67A-GD55 (B3), Intel P67, ATX, DDR3 €125.45
    Sapphire HD 6950 Dirt3, 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express €232.56

Nice

Ram has already sold out. :(

EDIT: And it's back again

• Advertisement

Seanbeag1 wrote: »
    Ram has already sold out. :(

EDIT: And it's back again

Quick get it while ya can.....

A bit annoyed with hardwareversand. Heard nothing for a week so I emailed them. They told me delivery date is unknown. Even though everything was in stock when they invoiced me.

In relation to the SSd drives, they all seem to be 2.5". Do the new cases have docks for these or is there a casing needed to fit it in properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

MagicSean wrote: »
    In relation to the SSd drives, they all seem to be 2.5". Do the new cases have docks for these or is there a casing needed to fit it in properly?

Most come with brackets to convert a 3.5" bay. The Fractal Design comes with one.

Thanks for all the help folks. Got the computer the other day. Works great for the most part. I've a couple of problems though.

The usb slots on the top of the case don't work. Any idea how I fix this?

When I boot up using only a hdmi connection the monitor says "No connection found"

I get random temporary freezes (i.e. in Deus Ex the video will jump every now and then) Is this just a consequence of not getting the SSD or is it something I should be worried about?

I'd appreciate any help or advice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

have to make sue the usbs are wired up correctly. that wont be due to the hdd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You have to connect the case USB to a USB header on the board. Check the manual where it is (don't plug into firewire which looks the same).

Not sure about the freezes, be sure to have all the graphics drivers you need from amd.com and the chipset drivers.

i opened up the case and everything seems to be plugged in to something. Manual doesn't seem to have shipped with it so I can't be sure if it's done correctly. I tried a memory stick in the front usb port and nothing happened. I tried my iphone and it turned the phone off and reset the calendar and time on it too. The memory key no longer works now. It would seem the usb port is very broken and it is ****ing up anything that is plugged into it. Any ideas? Is the case broke or hooked up wrong?

Found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0fdv6YdYqQ

Not looking good. Be careful anyone buying a Fractal.

Found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0fdv6YdYqQ

Not looking good. Be careful anyone buying a Fractal.

Good call....
    Tis a shame that this has happened as the r3 is a very fine case...
    I have one meself.

this case is endorsed a lot here on boards and this minor cable f%ck up should be let known by the lads here that are giving build advice...And a great job they are doing by the way...

Maybe that you tube clip could be a sticky for a while....MODS!!!! Perhaps

dwighet wrote: »
    Good call....
    I have one meself.

this case is endorsed a lot here on boards and this minor cable f%ck up should be let known by the lads here that are giving build advice...And a great job they are doing by the way...

It was the R2 that the problem was in. My guess is that some of the old cables somehow got used in the new cases.

It was the R2 that the problem was in. My guess is that some of the old cables somehow got used in the new cases.

Doh....thought it was the r3....
    Still its a bad mistake and could cost the buyer in the long run. ie usb devices as we all use....

Doh....thought it was the r3....
    Still its a bad mistake and could cost the buyer in the long run. ie usb devices as we all use....

Just to clarify. The problem was in the R2 but i have experienced it in the R3. Have discovered my iphone is screwed too. Both it and the hard drive are still powered but aren't recognised as devices.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Good call....
    I have one meself.

I wouldn't go scaremongering just yet. By all accounts this seems to be an isolated incident and there's nothing to prove that its the case that's at fault. Gotta do some troubleshooting first to figure out the source.

Advertisement