Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool at the lane - Match Thread

Options
  • 16-09-2011 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Hope to god King Ledley is fit, with dawson and gallas both injured, we need solidity alongside kaboul !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

3 points and a good performance needed form this game. While liverpool did spend plenty in the summer i dont think they bought real top quality players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

suarez is a top quality player for sure and he will cause us trouble - especially if we dont have king.

if king plays i think we will win 3-1 . if he dosent then we could be in trouble and it could finish 2-2

i feel very strongly about leaving defoe and adeyabour up top and let the partnership to continue to flourish. whether harry does that is another matter. i honestly think if he bends to vdv pressure and plays him then we could draw or lose this game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

oppiuy wrote: »
    3 points and a good performance needed form this game. While liverpool did spend plenty in the summer i dont think they bought real top quality players.

If all were fit, I think only reina, gerrard(if fit), suarez and carroll (if fit) would get in our team ! The left full would be a tight call !

mickman wrote: »
    i feel very strongly about leaving defoe and adeyabour up top and let the partnership to continue to flourish. whether harry does that is another matter. i honestly think if he bends to vdv pressure and plays him then we could draw or lose this game

JD and Ade will start, only place vdv could start is on the right ahead of krancjar.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    JD and Ade will start, only place vdv could start is on the right ahead of krancjar.

neither of them track back so they wouldnt make a difference. is lennon available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

This is a huge huge game. Allot of people wrote us off after the City. A win here and I think we are right back in the hunt. I don't see anyone guaranteed 3rd/4th. My gut says 1-1 but I'm going for a 3-1 win. Ade with a brace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Hope Redknapp play the same side who won at Wolves. Think everyone agrees without King were screwed, the lad with the mouthful of teeth who plays up front for the bin dippers is a major annoyance, as is Bellamy and Dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

With King, 2-0, 2-1 or 3-1 win.
    Without King anything could happen. I understand Gallas is in contention, I'd be confident enough if it were him and Kaboul, but Christ, Suarez would walk through Bassong. I think Harry learned that you cant play Modric and Kranjcar in the middle, so Parker and Modric is a cert imo. Lennon is a huge boost but he's a slight doubt apparently, iirc he's scored against Liverpool in our last 2 home games against them.
    Ideal line-up;

Friedal
    Walker --- King --- Gallas --- BAE
    Lennon --- Parker --- Modric --- Bale
    Adebayor --- Defoe

I really hope vdV doesn't start this game. 4-4-2 was great the year we got fourth and last week. No reason to change... hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

^^ That's exactly the team I'd go for. Leave VDV on the bench and bring him on later. Having said that, I can't remember VDV ever coming off the bench? He's always started, so it'll be interesting to see how Harry deals with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Hopefully King is in good shape.
    Hard to call, Lennon or Vdv, Lennon could be devastating off the bench if Liverpool tire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Fingers crossed that King is fighting fit and able.

I'd like to see VdV and Adebayor up front, Defoe's a backup player imo. Based on Pav's performance midweek, I don't see a future for him. I love the guy, but he just doesn't turn up consistently enough.

I would like to see last VDV from last year and Ade up front but I haven't seen a sign of him in a while. Defoe and Ade for me. See how they get on.

Harry Redknapp reports that Rafa van der Vaart has a chance of returning to action in Sunday's big clash against Liverpool.

The Dutch international, last season's top goalscorer, picked up a hamstring injury against Manchester City on August 28.

"Rafa could be available," said Harry after training on Friday.

Harry added that he was also hopeful on Ledley King, who made such an impressive return to action in last Saturday's win at Wolves.

"He'll train on Saturday and tells us if he's fit," said Harry, who also revealed that William Gallas had returned to training but as yet wasn't fit enough to be considered.

Aaron Lennon (groin) remains doubtful with Sandro (knee), Michael Dawson (Achilles), Danny Rose (ankle), Steven Pienaar (groin) and Tom Huddlestone (ankle).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

really looking forward to this one

really looking forward to this one

ye goin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

ye goin ?

unfortunatley no, resession etc....

unfortunatley no, resession etc....

+1 mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Team line up: Brad,Walker,King,Kaboul,BAE,Krancjar,Modric,Parker,Bale,Defoe,Ade.

VDV on bench. COYS!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So is that Modric and Parker in the middle, with Kranjcar on the right instead of Lennon? Glad to see Defoe and Ade starting again.

Come on Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Kiith wrote: »
    So is that Modric and Parker in the middle, with Kranjcar on the right instead of Lennon? Glad to see Defoe and Ade starting again.

Come on Spurs!

Yupp Modric and Parker in centre. Hoping Bale not on the right this time.

• Advertisement

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Only one king at the lane today...

COYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Good man Luka!!! He
    Looks at home now!

Take a bow son.......

He seemed to enjoy that goal didn't he?

Jesus I'd love to hammer this lot

worried it's only one..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

worried it's only one..
    We need to put another one at least two would be great though

worried it's only one..
    We need to put another one at least two would be great though

Magic today. Two strikers on the score sheet again, when was the last time that happened ??

Defoe is very good this season . Every player excellent today.

ziedth wrote: »
    Jesus I'd love to hammer this lot

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Some win,brilliant stuff.

Advertisement