Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool at the lane - Match Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

That'll quieten down the pool lot for a while , super result

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Absolutely DELIGHTED. COYS.

Great performance from all and a great 3 points.

Was glad to see Adam deservedly sent off and that tackle on Bale last season, karma.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

What a win, not only the score but the manner of the performance! The movement of the team was joyful to watch!
    TBH I think I would have given Parker MOTM, he was everywhere!

If we had 3points from our game in hand we'd be 4th!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Wow what a result. Absolutely delighted with that, and I really wanted to see 4 goals so was chuffed when Ade got his 2nd. It'll be very nice heading into work tomorrow to chat with a Liverpool mate who was sure they'd easily beat us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Brilliant performance.
    Could have been 7 or 8..
    Everyone played there part..

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm really glad we got the 4. It's important to make back up the goal difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

That was a joy to watch.
    I think we have weathered the storm of the transfer market and now it's down to business.
    Modric really knuckled down today and was class.
    Krancjar is worth his place. A great link up man and has a shot on him.
    How much is Scotty worth? *man
    Adam\Carroll = Donkeys
    I'd be worried for Kenny with this lot. They have no midfield.
    I must say, I was not a fan of Adebayor before he signed for us but fair play to him. Great show. Is Tottenham the club for him?
    What can I say, brilliant to see Defoe at it again.
    Ledley back, things are surely looking up.
    Please god we keep playing 4-4-2

I also liked the look of VDV when he came on. 4-4-2 all the way I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

fourth year in succession to beat them at home. That's just the kind of momentum changer that was needed. So much hype about Liverpool, and they are going to be a force, but they are not Barcelona. Suarez and Adam are talents, but Adam can be nasty, as we saw last year, and Suarez lost the rag both to-day and in May. I think he's Ledley's pet. What a player Parker is. I was not sure we needed him, but he wins so much ball, and never gives it up.
    So refreshing to see both Parker and Modric constantly showing to take the ball off the back four.
    I've long seen Adebayor as just the man to round off our team. I said before season that Kaboul and Defoe would have to have good seasons if we were to prosper. Hope they continue to. King makes any CB partner look better.
    Need to handle Arsenal and Chelsea over the next few weeks, and then we can set course for top four or better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Great day for Spurs
    1st time in my lifetime that we pi55ed on Liverpool
    Happy Happy Happy

Oh and the Dubs winning was nice too !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great day for Spurs
    1st time in my lifetime that we pi55ed on Liverpool
    Happy Happy Happy

Oh and the Dubs winning was nice too !
    Tipp win the minor and Spurs hammer Liverpool,perfect day for me also.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

fantastic win,will shut them up for a while with€115 mln spent,COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Well put Wendell Gee.
    Suarez, Ledley's pet.
    Class :D
    Are you Arsenal in disguise!
    -8 GD now.
    I wish we were playing them next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

what about adebayours first goal- the clip up over the goalie was a mirror image of messi last season against arsenal. People were going on abotu that for ages afterwards - ade deserves the same

if you compare him to crouch then its obvious that crouch isnt even in the same league as him. to get 10 million for crouch was the best bit of business ever.

adebayours ability on the ball, his footwork, control and shooting are leagues ahead of crouch. no way crouch would have scored either of ade's goals yesterday

we defo have gotten much better with hiim and parker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I absolutely agree. He's a proper striker. At times he was dropping quite deep collecting the ball, linking play - his pass to Defoe (when he was incorrectly called offside) for that chance in the 2nd half which Defoe subsequently missed, was brilliant, and something Crouch wouldn't have been capable of.

So far so good, and with Defoe already scoring almost as many as he did in the entire last season, hopefully things are looking up on the goals front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

After the shambles of the first 2 games of the season .. I really think we can kick on now, Parker has fitted in like he's been here for 10 years and the movement of Ade up front causes defenders all sorts of problems .... have a good feeling about this year (as long as we can keep the important players free from injury)

Defoe and Adebayor, five goals from two.
    "The Parker and Modric Show" is in town, get yisser tickets quick!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Parker and Modric play together like they've been playing together for years. Really confident, and some great passing moves. Also fantastic to see our strikers getting goals. Very solid performance. Considering how down we all were two weeks ago, things are certainly looking up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Only got to see some of the game but I believe Dos Santos was brought on. How did he get on????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Glebee wrote: »
    Only got to see some of the game but I believe Dos Santos was brought on. How did he get on????

dont think he touched it

• Advertisement

He got ten minutes and was involved in one or two passes, made on decent tackle, too little time to judge to be fair... Looks to have put on a few pounds?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

I've a friend who can't get over how "screwed over" 'Pool were by the ref. Seriously. I've pointed out to him that Coates was lucky to stay on the pitch after denying Ade a clear goal scoring chance. Suarez was lucky to stay on the pitch after the close line on Parker and Defoe being adjudged off-side despite being over a meter on. Am I missing anything else? Is he actually right to feel aggrieved? He's admitted that they were crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Lemag wrote: »
    I've a friend who can't get over how "screwed over" 'Pool were by the ref. Seriously. I've pointed out to him that Coates was lucky to stay on the pitch after denying Ade a clear goal scoring chance. Suarez was lucky to stay on the pitch after the close line on Parker and Defoe being adjudged off-side despite being over a meter on. Am I missing anything else? Is he actually right to feel aggrieved? He's admitted that they were crap.

Usual boo-hoo from the Lpool types, when they win you never hear the end of it, when they loose they sulk.

I was the lone Spurs fan in the pub yesterday amongst a handful of Pool fans who insisted the TV be turned over after 80mins, missed the last goal. The owner of the pub was a Pool fan too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Usual boo-hoo from the Lpool types, when they win you never hear the end of it, when they loose they sulk.

I was the lone Spurs fan in the pub yesterday amongst a handful of Pool fans who insisted the TV be turned over after 80mins, missed the last goal. The owner of the pub was a Pool fan too
    Yeah was hoping for a seemingly less biased and more match incident specific response though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yeah was hoping for a seemingly less biased and more match incident specific response though.

Both Adam and Skrtel deserved to be sent off, no contest. Coates deserved his yellow. Suarez could possibly be argued. The ref was card happy, but he had reason to be

Reading the soccer forum thread yesterday actually made me cringe at times. TBF some of the pool fans were reasonable but Jesus I couldn't help but laugh at the sheer shíte some were spouting about how they were being robbed by the ref. The major talking points I think even taking my spurs fan glasses off:

It wasn't a goal for Liverpool.
    Adam deserved both cards but MAYBEthe first was harsh but I have seen them given.
    Skrtel deserved to go no question.
    Suarez deserved his yellow for the slow clap, you can't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'd add that the ref was obviously card-happy for minute one so it was naive of Liverpool players to be flying into tackles, especially Adam and Skrtel once they were booked once.

Also, all those yellow cards were a symptom of being thoroughly outplayed. Those Liverpool fans need to look at their own manager if they want someone to blame.

Just listened to Ray Wilkins say our first 20mins against Liverpool was the best start to a match by any team this season and we would have been 1-0 up against any side... COYS!

Advertisement