Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAD Student/Enthusiast wanted for car radio design

Options
  • 16-09-2011 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

As in the title, currently working on a double din radio for BMW 3, 5, 7 and X5 series.
    I am looking for a student/enthusiast that is willing to help designing those radios that we are currently developing in open source.

The budget is not high but I am ready to financially compensate. I can't go mainstream and pay thousands that's for sure.

Let me know

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

bmstuff wrote: »
    As in the title, currently working on a double din radio for BMW 3, 5, 7 and X5 series.
    I am looking for a student/enthusiast that is willing to help designing those radios that we are currently developing in open source.

The budget is not high but I am ready to financially compensate. I can't go mainstream and pay thousands that's for sure.

Let me know

Cheers

Where will you be based to do this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

bfocusd wrote: »
    Where will you be based to do this work?

I am based in Dublin

Wanna join the project?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

I'm interesting in this project.

I used to be a CAD engineer years ago but have kept my skills up to date. I also have a small bit of programming experience from college and I have a massive interest in cars. I'm installing a car kit this week and trying to come up with a design to fit it into the dash without it looking out of place so I have a genuine interest in what you're doing.

I'm also based in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Magown3 wrote: »
    I'm interesting in this project.

I used to be a CAD engineer years ago but have kept my skills up to date. I also have a small bit of programming experience from college and I have a massive interest in cars. I'm installing a car kit this week and trying to come up with a design to fit it into the dash without it looking out of place so I have a genuine interest in what you're doing.

I'm also based in Dublin.

Hi,

I am now using an already existing product and fit my own hardware.
    Costs of making the parts, even if I could get the design done for free, is just too high.
    This is for BMW only so far, e39, e46 etc , so the fitment is perfect.

The technology is using BMW IBUS, Google Android, ARM CPU Dual Core 1Ghz etc We have complete control of the car functions (lights, windows, cd changer, MID etc) through Android.

If you are interested to get involved, please feel free to let me know. I am looking for Android developers and also electronically skilled people.

Advertisement