Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Day / Free pints for anyone named Arthur

Options
  • 16-09-2011 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hiya!
    I've friend who claims, last year on the Guinness Day, in certain pub, all Arthurs could get a pint for free. As a matter of fact, every pint for free. That friend - Arthur, by the way - says, he was taken to this place by his then workmates and all night 'served' as a pint-deliverer. ;-)
    Now, the problem is, he can't recall the name of the pub apart from the fact it was somewhere in the City Centre.
    Has anyone heard about similar thing? Is this possible, pubs were giving out pints for free to Arthurs? Does anybody know if such promotion is going to take place this year? And if yes, where?
    Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Dammit, I can hardly change my name by deed poll inside a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

If anyone's looking, I'll be in Mulligans.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

If i recall correctly (memories are a bit fuzzy) they handed out pints for free to everyone last year? Ofcourse intentionally it was only meant to be one, but they had too many done so it turned into a free for all.

So now it's free only for the one's named Arthur?
    Meh. :/

I call hokum.

(On the off chance, will me carrying a towel be sufficient id that my name is Arthur?)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

Two years ago, when I used to live in Portlaoise and when the Guinness day was introduced for the 250th anniversary, they were selling pints for 2.50. A year ago, again in Portlaoise, nothing happened. However, this friend of mine, he said he was in Dublin in a certain pub and each time he presented his ID he was getting pints for free...

Anyway...

Mulligans? Just near the Tara Street DART station?

• Advertisement
Advertisement