Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Patrol - The O2 Dublin 21st January 2012

Options
  • 16-09-2011 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Dublin date just announced.

I will hopefully be going if all my exams are finished by then:).

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea prob gonna grab a ticket myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Belfast date too.

The O2, Dublin
    Saturday 21st January 2012
    Tickets from €44.05 including booking fee

The Odyssey Arena, Belfast
    Monday 23 January 2012
    Ticket from £33 including booking fee

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rebekahx

Desperate for a ticket to this but they'll sell out straight away. Tempted to go in late to school on Friday morning just to chance getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

If you pre-order the album, you get access to a pre-sale on Tuesday.

Can't wait for this, snow patrol always put on a fantastic show.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    If you pre-order the album, you get access to a pre-sale on Tuesday.

Can't wait for this, snow patrol always put on a fantastic show.

Agreed , they always seem to get stick for some reason . Ive seen them 2 and a half times . Marley Park 06 was just as they were touring Eyes Open record and were brilliant. Caught them the following year at Oxegen and once again were brilliant and they seem to enjoy performing on stage which for me is a bonus. Caught a few songs of them at Oxegen 09 before heading to Pendulum and they sounded great.

Final Straw is a whopper of an album aswell imo. Hope if they do summer shows they do their own instead of doing Oxegen again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Agreed , they always seem to get stick for some reason . Ive seen them 2 and a half times . Marley Park 06 was just as they were touring Eyes Open record and were brilliant. Caught them the following year at Oxegen and once again were brilliant and they seem to enjoy performing on stage which for me is a bonus. Caught a few songs of them at Oxegen 09 before heading to Pendulum and they sounded great.

Final Straw is a whopper of an album aswell imo. Hope if they do summer shows they do their own instead of doing Oxegen again

I saw then last time they were in the O2, at oxegen '09 and at pukkelpop last year. They've always been great imo.

I'll never forget when they played the lightning strike in it's entirity at the O2. I think it was one of the best songs I've seen live.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I saw then last time they were in the O2, at oxegen '09 and at pukkelpop last year. They've always been great imo.

I'll never forget when they played the lightning strike in it's entirity at the O2. I think it was one of the best songs I've seen live.

Yea ive always loved them since i heard Final Straw. Missed them at Pukkelpop but we could hear them from the campsite

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

hi all, does anyone know how many tickets you can buy on the presale,would like to get four seats together if possible,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

igorbiscan wrote: »
    hi all, does anyone know how many tickets you can buy on the presale,would like to get four seats together if possible,thanks

I've used the MCD presale a few times and it's always been limited to two tickets. Not sure what limites the other presales have!!

Everything Everything have just been confirmed as special guests of Snow Patrol for their forthcoming Dublin and Belfast concert dates.

Snow Patrol plus Everything Everything will play The O2, Dublin on Saturday 21st January 2012 and The Odyssey Arena, Belfast on Monday 23 January 2012.

Everything Everything have been nominated for 'Best New Act' at this year's Q Awards. Voting is open now and closes on October 7th. Every person who votes will enter a prize draw to win a pair of tickets to the ceremony, which takes place in London on October 24th.

Everything Everything recently performed live at the Mercury Prize ceremony. The band played Tin (The Manhole) from their Mercury Prize nominated debut album 'Man Alive'.

Tickets go on sale this Friday 23rd September at 9.00am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Grrr stupid O2 pre sale is supposed to start now but hasn't. (I know it's only 9.02 now but I'm in patient and have to get back to college!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Took a bit of time to load but got 2 standing

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I got 2 tickets for the gig on pre-order this morning, had to get up at 2am this morning to get them (I'm currently in Canada) and then back to sleep at up at 5am for work.

Well worth it tho, they're awesome live, seen them 4 times already, once in Killarney, once at Marley Park, once at Oxegen and Once in New York City. They happened to be playing there when I was on holidays over there. I managed to get tickets 2rows from the front for that gig!

Can't wait to go to this gig in Jan and see how the new album is like live!

Didn't get a chance to log onto the MCD or O2 presale earlier and just realised all presale tickets are sold out. I ordered my RHCP tickets around 9pm on the day of the presale and had no problems. Are we expecting the remainder to sell out quickly Friday morning??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

^ I was able to get some MCD presale tickets around 5.30, so they didn't sell out too quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Anyone know if this gig will sell out?

I'm not entirely sure if I will go now or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 IVIada

Seen them the last time that they played in the o2 when White Lies were supporting. Was an excellent gig, definetly going again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'd be amazed if a 2nd date isn't added for this.

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'd be amazed if a 2nd date isn't added for this.

With the recent rate of no second dates at Irish gigs I wouldn't be surprised.

Noel Gallagher's Olympia show sold out in 20 seconds didn't get a second date despite overwhelming demand.

The RHCP too, playing the O2 in November sold in 30 seconds, few days off before their London dates but still just one.

We'll be lucky if there's a second date so we will, but hopefully they will do a stadium show in the summer.

Dublin and Belfast sold out in around 10 minutes.

Extra dates just added for Dublin on the 20/01/2011 and Belfast on 24/01/2011. Tickets just gone on sale.

Got myself four standing tickets for Dublin!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Irishgal26

Got myself 5 standing tickets for the saturday night in dublin absolutely delighted :D saw these guys on the sunday night the last time they played the 02 a few years ago & no concert has compared for me since they are A-MAZING live :):)

Well worth a watch floks. Just something to get us all warmed up. Simply unbelievable video!!!!

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bh1kBbk0io&feature=related]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

karaokeman wrote: »
    With the recent rate of no second dates at Irish gigs I wouldn't be surprised.

Noel Gallagher's Olympia show sold out in 20 seconds didn't get a second date despite overwhelming demand.

The RHCP too, playing the O2 in November sold in 30 seconds, few days off before their London dates but still just one.

We'll be lucky if there's a second date so we will, but hopefully they will do a stadium show in the summer.

;):)

SantryRed wrote: »
    ;):)

I stand corrected.

Ticket demand has been phenomenal, Snow Patrol have added a third and FINAL date for Belfast.

This extra date is the Odyssey Arena, Belfast on Wednesday 25 January, 2012.

Tickets for this extra date will go on sale on Friday 30 September at 9am.

MCD
    Presale for Snow Patrols third and FINAL belfast date starts this Thursday on our FB page! Dont miss out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Going on the Friday night, standing. Can't believe how quickly the Saturday sold out!

I saw them in Barcelona (supporting U2) in 2009, thought they were brilliant live. People always put them down for some reason, but I was pleasantly surprised last time!

Advertisement