Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Care

Options
  • 16-09-2011 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi There,

I am wondering if anyone can guide me as to where I find out what what (if anything) my Mum is entitled to. She has been through a lot over the last 5 years & had radiotherapy last year. Over the recent months there has been a significant decline in her ability to do daily tasks.

I am looking into getting some home help for her and am wondering is she entitled to anything. Just for an hour on weekdays. I have no problem in paying for help, I will do whatever it takes, but I am curious how this all works....& would appreciate assistance or guidance.

Thank you,
    Tilly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

will leave it here for a couple of days Tilly, if we don't get any response I'll try moving to state benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Tilly32

Thank you, was not sure where to post....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Tilly, if I were you I'd phone her local health centre. They'll send someone to have a chat with her, and if she's eligible they'll sent a home help in once a week to do some cleaning etc. She might even be eligible for more than that. The way it works is, the home helps are paid by the HSE but if your mam can afford to pay even a few euro a week towards it then the HSE supplement it rather than paying the full amount.

My mother had a stroke earlier this year and while she hasn't been left disabled, she's slowed down a lot and has a home help in once a week. It makes a huge difference for her. The health centre is definitely the place to go. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Tilly32

Thank you so much.
    I will contact them......& see what the story is.
    Thanks again ;)

Advertisement