Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of new roof on 1300sqft house

Options
  • 16-09-2011 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

looking into getting new roof on an old house which isnt insulated at all in the roof space and no felt either, so looking to get new roof, can use the slates already in place again i think, anyone any idea how much you would be looking at? i have absolutley no idea myself so even a guide figure

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,050 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Someone here may be able to give you an idea but unfortunately you haven't given the area of the roof or stated if the rafter, joists, purlins etc are to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭trixyben

muffler wrote: »
    Someone here may be able to give you an idea but unfortunately you haven't given the area of the roof or stated if the rafter, joists, purlins etc are to be replaced.

it would be a whole new roof all timbers replaced, the exact area of roof im not to sure, from joists to top of roof is approx 7ft and ground fffffloor space of approx 650sqft, if thats any help

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

Are you sure the all the roof timbers needs replacing? I recovered my roof - it was built in 1886 - the slates were rotten but the timbers were by and large fine (just replaced some timbers around the chimney where the lead had failed and the timbers had rotten).

If you live in the country-side the slates may be ok re reuse, but if you're in a city, they are probably no good as they rot much worse in city areas. If you plan to reuse them allow for grading the slates as they are stripped (probably a couple of hundred euro)

Cost for timber roof (prefabricated trusses approx. 600-800 euro)
    Fit Roof - 900-1200 euro
    Fit roof coverings - allow €20-25 m2 to fit. (assuming slates are fine)
    Allow for lead flashings, gutters & fascia & soffit.

Of course all the above could vary depending where in the country you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭enol

I got a quote recently for a new roof on a new build, 900sq ft bungalow, warm roof construction, of €9k + vat. Includes all materials & natural slate. I have been told that's over the top so I'm in the middle of getting other costs, I'll post them when I have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 _electrolyte

hi folks, I know it's a while since this thread was active, but just wondering how you got on enol & trixyben. I'm looking for quotes for similar roof repair/replace on an old house myself at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement