Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Surround Sound setup at home

• 16-09-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong forum?!

Looking for advice for a surround sound setup at home.
    I bought a house some years back that happened to be fully wired up for sound throughout the house...
    What was left when we bought it was simply the speakers in the ceiling/attic which are still wired back to a central point in the house (bedroom wardrobe) Also wired up is the
    cat5 cable from the (empty) control unit boxes throughout the house back again to this central point.
    Ideally in the future (when I've plenty of moola!) I would like to replace the entire system back to its former glory.
    Until then though I am looking to at least utilize the living area speakers by connecting them up to my TV for some surround sound.

So... what exactly do I need here?
    I'm assuming some sort of pre-amp located at the central point should do the job?
    Does this have to match with the wattage on all the existing speakers? how exactly does this work...
    I need to check again the exact watts, etc.. of these speakers.
    Once the pre-amp is suitable and ready I can connect the living room speakers up and then run phono cables from my TV back to the pre-amp.

Sorry, if this sounds a bit basic. I know a small bit about it, but thought I'd fire the question in here for some "sounder :rolleyes:" advice!!

any takers?

Comments

Advertisement