Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The CIMA Thread

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 feifei_ie

Hey,

Few 2016 version Kaplan CIMA books for sale
    Study Text
    C01: Fundamentals of Management Accounting, in very good condition, almost like new, resale for 10e
    C02: Fundamentals of Financial Accounting, in very good condition, almost like new, resale for 10e
    C05: Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law, in very good condition, almost like new, resale for 10e
    F1: Financial Reporting and Taxation, brand new, never used, resale for 18e

Exam Practice Kit:
    C02: Fundamentals of Financial Accounting, in very good condition, almost like new, resale for 3e

Based in Dublin, PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mad_shopaholic

If you are exempt for all 3 exams at a level are you exempt for the case study? I am hoping to start CIMA Exams in the summer I would be exempt from all operational level exams not sure if that means I would be exempt from the case study?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

BA2,3 or 4 any easier to get started on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I have a degree in Business, level 8 and a degree in Computer Science, level 8.

Can anyone tell me what exams I'm likely to be exempt from.

C01
    C02
    C03
    C04
    C05

?

If not are these required before you start the E1, etc exams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

I have a degree in Business, level 8 and a degree in Computer Science, level 8.

Can anyone tell me what exams I'm likely to be exempt from.

C01
    C02
    C03
    C04
    C05

?

If not are these required before you start the E1, etc exams

Email Cima Ireland directly with your transcripts and they will tell you. Very helpful I found

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Hi All,

I hope everyone is well.

I am starting to study the cert level.
    I have using CIMA Prime.
    I am starting with BA1.

Question:
    Has anyone heard studied the cert level and passed?
    Could you give me an example of the time you spent on each subject and your rough timetable? (I just want to get a feel of how much I should be putting in advance) for study/revision/practice questions etc. Is it unrealistic to do 1 hour per night 6 days a week and attempt the exam after 8-10 weeks?

I would like to know your experiences

Cheers all

I note in BA1 there is 450 PDF doc with 12 chapters.

Chapter 1 Microeconomic?and?Organisational?Context?I:?The?Goals?and?Decisions?of?Organisations

Chapter 2 Microeconomic?and?Organisational?Context?II:?The?Market?System

Chapter 3 Financial?Context?of?Business?I 81
    Chapter 4 Macroeconomic?and?Institutional?Context?I:?The?Domestic?Economy

Chapter 5 Macroeconomic?and?Institutional?Context?II:?The? International?Economy

Chapter 6 Financial?Context?of?Business?II:?International?
    aspects

Chapter 7 Financial?Context?of?Business?III:?Discounting? and?Investment?Appraisal

Chapter 8 Informational?Context?of?Business?I:?Summarising? and?Analysing?Data

Chapter 9 Informational?Context?of?Business?II:?Index? Numbers

Chapter 10 Informational?Context?of?Business?III:?Interrelationships between?variables

Chapter 11 Informational?Context?of?Business?IV:? Forecasting

Chapter 12 Mock?Assessment 385

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Has anyone used the website 'OPEN TUTION' and if so, how did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stephenmario

I'm looking for E3 material. Please private message me and we can sort something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Geraldo

wally1990 wrote: »
    Has anyone used the website 'OPEN TUTION' and if so, how did you find it?

It's an excellent source of material alright. There's nothing for the case studies really but great for the pillar exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Geraldo

Have the Kaplan study texts and question books for F2, F3, E3 and P3 if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭averagejoe123

Hi Guys & Girls,

I have been away from there exams for a few years and only have the final case study left. I'd be fairly rusty so need to get back up to speed to get this done.

Can anyone recommend a good course preferably not online in the Dublin area?

Cheers

Joe

Hi Guys & Girls,

I have been away from there exams for a few years and only have the final case study left. I'd be fairly rusty so need to get back up to speed to get this done.

Can anyone recommend a good course preferably not online in the Dublin area?

Cheers

Joe

I've used to go to the accountancy school on lad Lane and I've found them very good. They have physical lectures and have everything online as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Hi,

Currently completing an MBA and i'm looking at the masters gateway entry route where I do the case study based on E2, P2 and F2 finishing up with the advanced diploma in management accounting before heading on to E3, P3 and F3.

I have a quick query, I've been given E3, P2 and F2 but they're based off of 2009 and I'm wondering if there has been many changes, I don't want to start reading these if they're not worth it.

Thanks

Hi,

Currently completing an MBA and i'm looking at the masters gateway entry route where I do the case study based on E2, P2 and F2 finishing up with the advanced diploma in management accounting before heading on to E3, P3 and F3.

I have a quick query, I've been given E3, P2 and F2 but they're based off of 2009 and I'm wondering if there has been many changes, I don't want to start reading these if they're not worth it.

Thanks

They won't be a million miles away but the course has had 2/3 updates since then so you'll be missing topics. They've changed the method how the exams are tested drastically which changes what students focus on learning which has a bearing on the case study.

Being honest you're better off signing up to do the case study with a provider (like accountancy school) and tell them your situation and ask what topics to cover for the case study. You'd be wasting your time blindly going through the material because a lot of it isn't tested on the case study.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eri1208

Hi All,

Only have P3 and F3 left, plus case study. Which school would you recommend DBS or Accountancy School? I would be doing live online course, price same, but have no idea about DBS tutors..

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Joeob96

Hi guys about to start studying in Dublin,
    Just wondering what school is the best similar to above?
    Also what order of exams should I sit?
    F1 and P1 then E1 before the case study or ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Best order for each level is below

F --> E --> P

Normally the case studies are E & P pillars heavy so keep those closer to the case study exam so they are fresher for revising

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Has anyone joined the new Finance Leadership Program might be useful for people to hear how thats going

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I joined it there at the start of July for Management Level having done the Operation Level through Kaplan On Demand.

Very impressed so far, the online platform is very good. The option to do a pre assessment so you don't have to go through learning you've done before is a great time saver, I've gone through the theory of management and the different functions of management before and once was enough thanks. The option for a pre assessment isn't there for all learning objectives so the important stuff you still need to do.

I'm only going through the equivalent of E2 now so haven't done any calculation questions and what that will be like.

I do have a fear this will all go in one ear and out the other since I don't have to revise all of it at the end again for the Objective Test, so how I find the Management Case Study will be the real telling of how much better the platform is than the traditional way.

If you have any specific questions about it do ask

Advertisement