Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The CIMA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

T4B tomorrow, dreading it :( I had way too much going on between work and family life and am totally unprepared as a result so I'm looking at it as good practice for the resit - which will probably be next year at the earliest as I'm 5 months pregnant now and just can't imagine trying to study with a small one at home - although with the older ones in school and me on maternity leave it might be doable. I'll be relieved when tomorrow is over

Good luck to everyone else doing exams

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

julyjane wrote: »
    T4B tomorrow, dreading it :( I had way too much going on between work and family life and am totally unprepared as a result so I'm looking at it as good practice for the resit - which will probably be next year at the earliest as I'm 5 months pregnant now and just can't imagine trying to study with a small one at home - although with the older ones in school and me on maternity leave it might be doable. I'll be relieved when tomorrow is over

Good luck to everyone else doing exams

I feel your pain we have a 6 month old and it has been very hard to study, but head down, to be fair was totally unprepared for this sitting and had put a lot of time in

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭grange mac

kilburn wrote: »
    I feel your pain we have a 6 month old and it has been very hard to study, but head down, to be fair was totally unprepared for this sitting and had put a lot of time in

Ye prob know this already but only way to pass t4b is by doing mocks to time.best luck to ye!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

grange mac wrote: »
    Ye prob know this already but only way to pass t4b is by doing mocks to time.best luck to ye!!

I'll remember that for future reference :D I gave it my best shot anyway, it went a bit better than I expected but the insufficient preparation is bound to go against me. Still I'd be pleased with anything over 40 marks as I know the drill now and will have read the post exam guides etc. by then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

anyone know when they usually publish the exam answers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

statss wrote: »
    anyone know when they usually publish the exam answers?

they're available now it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Carnegie

they're available now it seems.

no they're not

exam papers are up but not the answers yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Carnegie wrote: »
    no they're not

sorry, my mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Woohoo! Passed the Strategic Level first time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Passed F1 and P1 :)

I've put my books, exam kits and revision cards on adverts.ie if anyone's interested.

http://www.adverts.ie/school-college-books/cima-f1-p1-kaplan-textbook-exam-kit-and-revision-cards/3388151

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

congrats guys, I just logged on to the my cima section but in the my exams section it just says I've to wait till July 11 to get my results.

Not cool

Edit; but then checked my emails!

E1 and P1 passed... wohoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cimastudent

WANTED:
    E3 Enterprise Operations, F3 Financial Operations and P3 Performance Operations
    Official CIMA Kaplan 2013 Textbooks, Exam Kits and Revision cards

Well done , are you interested in selling your manuals etc?

Woohoo! Passed the Strategic Level first time!
    well done cool kid , are you interested in selling your manuals etc

Anyone sitting any exams during the repeats?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Meursault

Anyone sitting any exams during the repeats?

Failed P2, but I'm going to wait until Nov.

If anyone needs The F2 text book let me know. I got a second copy for free, so it is brand new. I'll sell it for a very reasonable price

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nasned26

Hey. All very useful information in this thread - thanks.

Starting from scratch with Operational in Nov-13, thinking about trying E1, E2 and F1 through homestudy initially.

Anybody have any advice on this? Best material providers, etc?

Also, wondering whether anyone has any info on course providers in Cork?

Hi nasned

Unfortunately the only option available in Cork is the blended learning in the CIT, which i did not find helpful at all.

you basically go through the courses yourself online, and then there is 2 1 day revisions courses, where they fly through as many topics as possible, without really explaining anything. They also claim that you can email them with any queries, but i found them to be really slow in responding, to be honest

what you may find useful is some of the Online class room courses that are available. if you log on to Kaplan's website you will find free tutorials for each level. i found these very helpful and i have actually signed up for the F2 online course with them this coming August. it works out at about 600 EUR, which is slightly cheaper than the courses provided by Griffith for ACCA. I believe BPP and Insaf also provide online courses. if you log on to the CIMA website and go to the CIMS sphere online discussion forums, you will see plenty of discussions on the pros and cons of each, which you may find informative.

I am based in Cork myself, so if you are looking for Operational or management level textbooks let me know, and i will sell them on to you for half price. they are all in perfect condition

the best of luck with whatever you choose

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mimcca

I have Official CIMA Kaplan 2013 Textbooks, Exam Kits and Revision cards for E1 Enterprise Operations, F1 Financial Operations and P1 Performance Operations for sale at http://www.adverts.ie/3467443

The exam kit alone will ensure you pass first time once you put the work in and going the self study route without going to classroom based tuition.

• Advertisement

Hi meursault have you the E2 book?

Hi meursault have you the E2 book?

Hi Kilburn. I have to hang on to that one for somene unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alasav

Hi,

I am planning on sitting all 3 management level exams in November. As I work full time i know it's going to be tough going but i want to be in a position to sit the strategic exams in May next year. My big problem is that I find the self discipline difficult to just sit down and get it done. Having three small kids doesn't help either! I know I learn best from a classroom environment, but I live in the midlands and there are just no classroom courses available without travelling to Dublin which just isn't an option. Does anyone know of any study groups or tutors that give grinds in the midlands area? I can't see myself getting through all 3 without some sort of study support.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nasned26

Meursault wrote: »
    Hi nasned

Unfortunately the only option available in Cork is the blended learning in the CIT, which i did not find helpful at all.

you basically go through the courses yourself online, and then there is 2 1 day revisions courses, where they fly through as many topics as possible, without really explaining anything. They also claim that you can email them with any queries, but i found them to be really slow in responding, to be honest

what you may find useful is some of the Online class room courses that are available. if you log on to Kaplan's website you will find free tutorials for each level. i found these very helpful and i have actually signed up for the F2 online course with them this coming August. it works out at about 600 EUR, which is slightly cheaper than the courses provided by Griffith for ACCA. I believe BPP and Insaf also provide online courses. if you log on to the CIMA website and go to the CIMS sphere online discussion forums, you will see plenty of discussions on the pros and cons of each, which you may find informative.

I am based in Cork myself, so if you are looking for Operational or management level textbooks let me know, and i will sell them on to you for half price. they are all in perfect condition

the best of luck with whatever you choose

Hey Meursault,

Yep, I will need to get texts for upcoming exams E1, E2 and F1. Do you still have those available?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Geraldo

Hi.

If you pass the operational level in November can you sit the management level in march or do you have to wait until may?

Just trying to figure out if there's any way I can be finished by the end of 2014.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Geraldo wrote: »
    Hi.

If you pass the operational level in November can you sit the management level in march or do you have to wait until may?

Just trying to figure out if there's any way I can be finished by the end of 2014.

Cheers.
    For Operational, Management, and Strategic level exams, the March and September sittings are only for repeats, you can't sit any of them for the first time in those sittings.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Rusty Rothar

started the route to CIMA this year, E1 and P1 done, doing F1 and F2 in November. I dont come from an accounting background, just wondering if anyone has done similar and how they coped with it? I work in financial services so could cover the core areas like project appraisal and risk management but am not involved in managing accounts or finance in general. Is it possible to become an accountant without ever doing real world accounting ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Anyone else waiting anxiously for results?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Geraldo

started the route to CIMA this year, E1 and P1 done, doing F1 and F2 in November. I dont come from an accounting background, just wondering if anyone has done similar and how they coped with it? I work in financial services so could cover the core areas like project appraisal and risk management but am not involved in managing accounts or finance in general. Is it possible to become an accountant without ever doing real world accounting ? :D

Hi.
    While it is definitely possible to pass the exams, you do need to get relevant work experience as well in order to apply for membership to the institute.

• Advertisement

You would need 18 months alone to cover the management accounts aspect of the work experience

Advertisement