Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards FIFA 12 Club

Options
  • 16-09-2011 2:20pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So with FIFA 12 out shortly heres a thread to put your name down for the Boards FIFA Club.

The club is for a bit of fun and not competitive so if you are looking to play then stick your gamer tag and boards tag down below if you are interested in signing up.

While its not a competitive club messers wont be tolerated either, you are expected to be sporting and civil to the other members in the club at all times. You will be expected to move around the positions and not try and hog one position all the time from game to game. If possible also have a headset as it makes playing easier and also means a bit of banter between the players.

You are also expected to stay in the club if you join. If you leave the club to play elsewhere dont be coming back every few days looking to join again and posting looking for another invite back in.

Bassman aka Moiph will be the GM again as I dont have time to run it so once its setup he will be adding players that send requests.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Im up for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Can we not just continue on with the same club ? .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

They dont carry over to the new game

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

I'll join, I must try get a few games in the fifa 11 club before the switch-over

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I'm in. Always good craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

I'll join again. Gamertag is Sob14

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

i'm not sure i understand fully how the club works....
    sorry for the ignorance :-)

is it for head to head games / be a pro etc?
    what am i getting myself in for if i join?

thanks

derv wrote: »
    i'm not sure i understand fully how the club works....
    sorry for the ignorance :-)

is it for head to head games / be a pro etc?
    what am i getting myself in for if i join?

thanks

Basically, the club is for the FIFA Clubs game mode. Its be a pro basically but online, if 11 of us are online we all take a position each, if say, 5 of us are online , 4 of us take a position and 1 of us takes the ANY position controlling the other players. We play against other clubs for rank points like Head to Head. Most of us have headsets and its always great fun. Last year there were about 40 people in the club, so if you fancied a game there was more than likely people already playing to join in with, if not a post in this thread and you should get a time arranged.

You generally get people who prefer to play in certain positions, but its always shared around who gets to play up front, on the wing etc. The more you play the better your player gets. Basically your getting yourself in for what, imo, is the best online feature in FIFA, provided the bloody thing works!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kingofthekop

im interested. gt is kingofthekop. add me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I'm up for it, gt is Devilman40k (I'm the online equivalent of half a Jamie Carragher though...all OGs and pens minus defensive talent! :pac: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Cheeky Burns

Count me in GT Cheeky Burns

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

Count me in too in GT: Aeghnor
    The worst goalie in history :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Yeah ill play again lads. Good craic sometimes with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Im up for this...Played it a little last year and it was enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Didn't really get into the online with fifa11 as people took it waaaaay too seriously, someone once told me to hang myself when I missed an open goal, but if its good craic then I'd love to join - GT Maxijazz83

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Didn't really get into the online with fifa11 as people took it waaaaay too seriously, someone once told me to hang myself when I missed an open goal, but if its good craic then I'd love to join - GT Maxijazz83

Yeah Hercule, its not about being first in the world, its just a game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Like that, if its not taken too seriously then I'm in as well - MKISSANE

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Count me in if there's room.

Tag - VVV Boyler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Titanium Codpiece

count me in :) tag = TitaniumCodpiece

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Have ye played yet lads?

It's good craic, but what's slightly irritating is the amount of clubs who use no any. This means the CPU does all the defending for them and the CPU is at World Class. So that's slightly **** since they can predict nearly every move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Titanium Codpiece

count me in :) tag = TitaniumCodpiece

Sorry Im wrong:

Gamertag: TitaniumSocks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anthony7ninjas

im up 4 playin my GT Anthony7ninjas

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Sounds good, sign me up! GT: Tutone 9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Count me in lads, I play RWB.

GT - Arciphel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Chicharito1014

il play left mid or left striker

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

People will be rotating positions so no one will be playing any one particular spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

The floyd p

Has anybody set up the club yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Yet to create a Virtual pro but will most likely do it tonight.

BUDDY HOLLY 36

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I was going to , but going to wait until GME or Bassman do it :)

Advertisement