Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards FIFA 12 Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

IanArbuckle as GT and I can also move around positions no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I'd be interested in trying this out. GT is king0sh

Don't know how often I'll be on so can I join and just play now and again, or is there a minimum activity you'll be looking for?

Also haven't created a pro player yet, doeas that mean my player will be fairly rubbish compared to others?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

I have to agree with miralize there. I think we play best when we don't actively seek to shoot from outside the box. I had a few games the other week where we managed to be patient with the ball in the other team's half and play short passes in around their box - which was way more fun than seeing the ball go over the bar constantly. I also think we need to show for passes deeper on the pitch. I see that whenever a CM gets the ball, the strikers and wingers try to make cutting runs through the other team's defence, which just encourages lobbed ball tactics which doesn't work often enough. There's nothing wrong with passing backwards and holding up the ball while support arrives either. Just my 2 cents :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

There was one guy playing last week who just wouldn't pass the ball at all . I'm going on now if anyone is on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'll be on for some games on Thursday night gents! CDM general at your service :D

Fully agree with what's been said above though. Passing the ball more often and play in your assigned position is pretty essential. And of course swap around so everyone gets a good go of each position :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

can i join this ? gt: keyrawn

Right Wing usally

can i join this ? gt: keyrawn

Right Wing usally

Sure thing, just search for Boards Ireland on Fifa and send a transfer request!

Once again a reminder to those who want to join the club to please post here first to confirm your Gamertag. So far we have requests from the following Gamertags:

Millund
    benjani mls2
    Kurosakisun
    lfc max 2009
    errisrams
    DHG FrYeRs69 xX
    Batesy9395
    GuapoDapo

If you're one of these people and you still want to join the club, let us know and post here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

hovering around 2500-2900 in the world lads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I'll be on about 10 if anyone is about . Got my headset :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I will be. Need to get some solid games after my ''Heroics'' in goal last night :p

Aeghnor.....I owe you an apology for being that bad a goalie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Bassman, could you make someone else that plays the game on a regular basis manager, and then somebody else that also plays on a regular basis assistant manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Are you asking Bassman to be demoted his own club? He plays regularly enough, and I can change anything Bassman can so whats the problem? I play the most here by the way, it may not be the times that suit you, but just send me a message and i can accept people..

miralize wrote: »
    Are you asking Bassman to be demoted his own club?

It's a Boards Club, for users of Boards, and it should really be referred to as that and not the club of one person as you put it. In answer to your question, yes. I think the people in charge of the club should also play with the club on a regular basis.
    He plays regularly enough

You clearly have your own meaning for the definition of regularly enough. Nineteen games isn't playing regularly and don't trick yourself into thinking it is for the sake of it. A member joined the club four nights ago and has already played seventeen games.
    I can change anything Bassman can so whats the problem?

An absentee manager.
    I play the most here by the way

I've played more games with the Boards Club than you, I've played less than ten games for clubs outside of Boards. Bullets has played seven less than you, and I'd imagine it would be the same for Maxi except, like me, he left the club for one night to play with others who weren't with Boards.
    it may not be the times that suit you, but just send me a message and i can accept people

Time doesn't bother me, and cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

FunkZ wrote: »
    It's a Boards Club, for users of Boards, and it should really be referred to as that and not the club of one person as you put it. In answer to your question, yes. I think the people in charge of the club should also play with the club on a regular basis.

You clearly have your own meaning for the definition of regularly enough. Nineteen games isn't playing regularly and don't trick yourself into thinking it is for the sake of it. A member joined the club four nights ago and has already played seventeen games.

An absentee manager.

I've played more games with the Boards Club than you, I've played less than ten games for clubs outside of Boards. Bullets has played seven less than you, and I'd imagine it would be the same for Maxi except, like me, he left the club for one night to play with others who weren't with Boards.

Time doesn't bother me, and cheers.

Why do you need someone else to be manager, a manager doesn't have to be online for members to get a game going,

Bassman has already posted people's gamertags who have requested to join who have not applied through Boards so why should he accept people who have applied thru xbox and not made themselves known on here that they would like to join

as you said yourself, it is a Boards Club for Boards members!

I hope your mates that you want to get in and play are members of boards, then tell them post in this thread that they want to join

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

FunkZ wrote: »
    Bassman, could you make someone else that plays the game on a regular basis manager, and then somebody else that also plays on a regular basis assistant manager?

I am the one who set the club up towards the end of FIFA 11 and put Bassman in charge and did the same again for FIFA 12 so that it didnt fall into the usual chaos of past clubs on here. He will be staying the manager and I gave him the choice of who he put as assistant manager and he gave that to Miralize. Neither will be changing just to suit you. Its a boards club for boards users as you put it but most of them play in the leagues and know each other. People also follow the rules and post on here to join and play together and have a laugh. Why you would think the manager and assistant manager would be changed just because you want it is beyond me.

Town Man wrote: »
    Why do you need someone else to be manager, a manager doesn't have to be online for members to get a game going,

Aye, but it'd add a bit more fun to the idea of clubs if a manager did play with the team on a regular basis.
    Bassman has already posted people's gamertags who have requested to join who have not applied through Boards

Credit where it is due, that was a good post by Bassman. Two of the gamertags listed are on my friends list but they both have their own clubs that they play for AFAIK, and I didn't not ask them to join/apply for the club.
    so why should he accept people who have applied thru xbox and not made themselves known on here that they would like to join

Well that's your question to find out. You must have misread my post, I didn't ask that. I did say I left the club for a few games to play with others, but that's irrelevant.
    as you said yourself, it is a Boards Club for Boards members!

That's exactly what I said.
    I hope your mates that you want to get in and play are members of boards, then tell them post in this thread that they want to join

Again, you must have misread my post completely. I did not mention anything about getting friends into the club that were not on Boards.

Axwell wrote: »
    I am the one who set the club up towards the end of FIFA 11 and put Bassman in charge and did the same again for FIFA 12 so that it didnt fall into the usual chaos of past clubs on here.

Point taken, as it's my first Fifa game I was unaware of any past chaos.
    He will be staying the manager and I gave him the choice of who he put as assistant manager and he gave that to Miralize.

Miralize was a great choice, he's a good player and he's on fairly regularly.

Well you've had your say (and I'll assume it's final), NOT the people that actually play for the club on a regular basis, democracy is outdated anyway.
    Neither will be changing just to suit you. Its a boards club for boards users as you put it but most of them play in the leagues and know each other.

It's not just to suit myself as you so nicely put it. I'm pretty sure the majority of the regulars would like a manager that actually plays for the club, which adds to the fun.
    People also follow the rules and post on here to join and play together and have a laugh. Why you would think the manager and assistant manager would be changed just because you want it is beyond me.

That's the whole point, which is great, it's good craic playing clubs and it's great when new players join. There you go again with 'just because you want it'. I'm not the only person that would like a manager that plays with the club.

You've had your (final) say, bravo. I'll assume this discussion is over as you seem to imperatively want to stand by your decision.

I've probably come across as (and probably been) a wanker so I'd like to apologise to Bassman.

Sorry man, and I hope you get a few games in with us soon.

LazyFingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I'd like to get on the action
    GT: podgemonster86

Not sure what the procedure is do, i have to add whoever I am paired with to play as a friend or does you accepting me automatically put me into a group?

Send a request there to Boards Ireland and i'll accept you

• Advertisement

I'll be on for games lads not to worry. Simple reason I haven't been on as much is because I've recently been playing Arkham City, Battlefield 3 and MW3. I intend to be on clubs regularly again, and very soon I might add. But some other games gots to be played too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hoolios

Hi All
    I'm Hoolios, I got invited to the club by FunkZ and I'm willing to play pretty much anywhere. I can play in the evenings and on weekends.

When I request to join the club though I get a message saying that "This Club has reached the maximum number of join request. Please try again later.

If you can sort it out so I can join that'd be much appreciated.

Cleared a few names that have been there for a while. If you need to request again, please post your GT below

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Clubs should be fun, not just about winning games...dont take it so seriously...good luck lads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hoolios

Thanks miralize, I've re-applied to join the club.
    Gamertag is Hoolios

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

If fairness to Funkz, one of his mates that did play with us, DublinJoe or something, was absolutely UNREAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭GaughMan

I'm interested on getting in on this
    GT:Gaughan2k11

Cool, can you send a request to Boards Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭GaughMan

Request sent.

• Advertisement

were on now

Advertisement