Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom alarm sensor mystery bips?

Options
  • 16-09-2011 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Im having mini bips going off from the sensors at random intervals. Sometimes it will be all day or dissapear for days on end.

Eircom guy is here, convincing me the bip cant be coming from the sensor as there is no speakers in it? he is staking 50 euro on it. Its a simon eircom alarm

It absolutley is coming from the sensor.

Who is right?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The wireless sensor can't make any noise. Is there a smoke alarm near by?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

Nope, its plugged out. Has been for yonks. Yeah i thought that but i was literally standing under it the other day and it made a super fast low sounding 'bip' noise.
    I thought it was impossible.

But subsequent ones over the next hour and day made it less so.
    Might it have something to do with a door sensor that seems loose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I think they have battery installed in the unit itself so thats maybe why its beeping, it needs to changed.

Yeah there is def a battery in the unit itself but the guy has said that the fault would show up at the unit.

He said there is no tech in the sensor to give out a bip noise.

a few people have heard it coming from it now.

Yeah there is def a battery in the unit itself but the guy has said that the fault would show up at the unit.

Is there any fault showing up or a light flashing that maybe you hadn't noticed before?

• Advertisement

Nope. Nothing! no faults or lights or anything. And its so random. It will blip for a micro second at a time over a random space of time and then wont do it again for a few days or a week.
    I dunno!

He moved the sensor to another part of the house so il wait and see if thats changed anything.
    I moved a poker when he was here and it made a scraping noise. 'Is that the noise?' he asked. It was then i realised that he thought i was a complete gob****e! ha ha ha

I moved a poker when he was here and it made a scraping noise. 'Is that the noise?' he asked. It was then i realised that he thought i was a complete gob****e! ha ha ha

Only other suggestion is to check the sensor for a battery. I had the same issue a while ago, not an eircom alarm. The beeping was going on for a couple of days and during the night, turned out to the smoke alarm battery needed changing.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have had calls like this that have turned out to be some childs toy stuck down the sofa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Nope, its plugged out. Has been for yonks.

Smoke alarm not working... OOps:confused:

Advertisement