Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 7 [** Spoilers **]

• 16-09-2011 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭

Its finally back!

Been waiting a long time for this, started last night in the states.

Anyone else catch the first episode? Still as brilliant as ever imo, fat mac is just hilarious as well:p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Watched the new episode last night, loved it! Classic Sunny.

Fat Mac is brilliant, 50lbs of pure mass:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

dia-betis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Great start to the season. Loved the crack references. Also loved Mac just lobbing a coupla insulin shots while eating. :pac:

The sight of Charlie in the ten gallon hat had me in stitches:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

First episode in and it made me laugh out loud a few times and I watched it on my own, here's to many more great episodes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Fat Mac is comic genius!
    The garbage bag of mexican food is giving me idea's!

Charlie in the limo
    puking the blood had me in stitches! "I used like 100 blood caplets, but I don't think I should have swallowed them..I don't feel so good now"

It's filling in the big comedy hole that the end to the season of Curb your enthusiasm has left :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Great return. I usually don't find the vomit humour that funny, but Charlie vomiting blood was hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Instant classic! The ending was absolutely brilliant, will never be able to listen to that song with a straight face again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

RUM HAM!!!!

"Might you say we're getting... hammered?" :D

• Advertisement

Classic episode. I'm loving Fat Mac, something brilliant about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Amazing stuff.

New season is very good so far.

Was hilarious when they took Charlie below the boardwalk, and the 2 bums :P

Holy sh*t, is that the ocean!!!

Fat Mac and Frank munching Rum Ham when it was fished back out of the water:D

Another quality episode.

Fat Mac is the greatest comedy creation in the history of television. One look at him and I burst out laughing especially when you realise that he's the splitting image of Dom Deluise

Its-Always-Sunny-In-Philadelphia-Season-7-Poster.jpgdom-deluise.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

This season is brilliant so far! Dare I say its up there with seasons 2 & 3!? It's hitting new lows & gotten more twisted but it's absolute genius! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Some bits of the cgi were a bit off, but I really enjoyed the episode..really fúckin' went for it though, homeless bumming, headshots and angel dust all in one episode.

Is that a fatsuit on Mac? If so it's the best I've ever seen, if not then fair play to him for putting on so much weight in 9 months without eating a baby.

Seriously though, it's the strongest return I've ever seen from a comedy these last two episodes. The crack references, Fat Mac just lobbing the insulin into him as he eats, angel dust, the waitress on ecstacy. Just brilliant.

The whole robbery scene after they take the angel dust was brilliant. It should not have been funny but when it was contrasted with the other lads experience at Jersey Shore just made it brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

amacachi wrote: »
    Is that a fatsuit on Mac? If so it's the best I've ever seen, if not then fair play to him for putting on so much weight in 9 months without eating a baby.

It's real. And intentional. He's already lost most of it since the season was filmed.

I really hope Rickety Cricket makes a return, love that guy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Charlie Day is a lucky man, the waitress is a little hottie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I really hope Rickety Cricket makes a return, love that guy!

I doubt we'll be seeing much of him as he got his own sitcom that looks like absolute doshíte, but one episode with him this season would make me very happy.
    I want some Mcpoyles this season too.

KeanSeenan wrote: »
    I doubt we'll be seeing much of him as he got his own sitcom that looks like absolute doshíte, but one episode with him this season would make me very happy.
    I want some Mcpoyles this season too.

Here yar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Anachrony wrote: »
    It's real. And intentional. He's already lost most of it since the season was filmed.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/10/idUS423067654120110810

What a total legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

Those 2 episodes are the best for quite some time, classic Sunny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The Jersey Shore episode was fantastic..

Loved this weeks episode. Frank stole the show - I don't want to diddle your kids!

Really loving the new series, it's going places where no other show would dare. DeVito was great in last nights episode, the make up for his post fall made him look strangely like he did back when he was playing the Penguin.

It's kinda sad to think that the funniest show on atm is the seventh series of a show that was all but cancelled at the end of it's first series and remains criminally unseen. That the truly diabolically bad Mike and Molly and 2 and a Half Men have far greater viewership figures and a prime time slot around the world just shows how unfair the world of comedy television is. It's Always Sunny has for 7 years been the most consistently funny show on and one if the few which you can rewatch again and again and never fail to laugh like a madman.

haha brilliant episode.

• Advertisement

It's kinda sad to think that the funniest show on atm is the seventh series of a show that was all but cancelled at the end of it's first series and remains criminally unseen. That the truly diabolically bad Mike and Molly and 2 and a Half Men have far greater viewership figures and a prime time slot around the world just shows how unfair the world of comedy television is. It's Always Sunny has for 7 years been the most consistently funny show on and one if the few which you can rewatch again and again and never fail to laugh like a madman.

I was having this exact discussion during the week with a mate of mine. If you look at what is passing itself off as comedy these days (2 and a Half Men et al) and the viewing figures they are amassing, it is astounding that the most consistently funny show of the last six years remains relatively unknown and enitrely unappreciated.

But perhaps it's better have it this way?

If it were to reach the levels of mainstream popularity as something like 2 and a Half Men, would they be able to get away with making jokes about such stuff as kiddie diddling, Dee dating a retard, Frank banging hoors, Mac baging Denis' mom, the D.E.N.N.I.S system and just Charlie in general - I really don't think so. So, maybe it's better that it stays out of the mainstream limelight and keeps producing consistently funny comedy that isn't afraid to cross the line. FX recently renewed it for Seasons 8 & 9, with an option for 10. Here's hoping somethings don't change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

DeVito was great in last nights episode, the make up for his post fall made him look strangely like he did back when he was playing the Penguin.

:) - I thought the exact same thing as soon as he popped up looking like a corpse.

Really enjoyed this week and last, ripping the p**s out of reality shows seems to be working pretty well for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Gotta love the ending...Dennis responding to who won ?
    "Samantha. She's the prettiest, right?"

Oh man, this episode was hilarious. Even Frank saying "this is dark" was classic.

RIP Barnabas Reynolds. 2010 - Too Soon.

I think I have a God hole too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I've watched all 6.4 seasons over the last 6 weeks or so. Love it, but I found myself getting a bit tired of it after the 4th & 5th season, I just found the jokes got repetitive, but season 6 and so far season 7 have turned a corner and it's better now then it ever was imo!

• Advertisement

I might get slated but I think Dee is becoming my favourite character.

I might get slated but I think Dee is becoming my favourite character.

She's the funniest dry heaver I've ever seen.

She's the funniest dry heaver I've ever seen.

She's phenomenal at that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Long time Sunny fan. Just caught s7e3; hilarious stormer of an episode. Cracked up listening to Frank pitching his 'no good diddling kids' song. It's also cool to see Dee, whilst she takes a lot of abuse, she brushes it off and gets to work on whatever she wants to make her happy.

this type of comedy, whilst really funny, is unsuitable for mass consumption; it's far too racy for the 2.5men/big bang friendly-comedy crowd.

the eps this season will only get better with time!

mac looks like he actually packed on weight?

He gained 50lbs for the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

that's awesome. straight to tommy bahamas and a trash-bag full of chimichangas!

What episode is this from and what time into it? I know it's the second season anyway. Also it's excellent :pac:

party-fails-does-not-compute-always-sunny-wait-what.jpg

What episode is this from and what time into it? I know it's the second season anyway. Also it's excellent :pac:

party-fails-does-not-compute-always-sunny-wait-what.jpg

I think it's from Dennis and Dee go on welfare though I'm not sure. I remember that scene though.

Only a few minutes into this week's episode and it's bloody class so far. Daniels' with the "Sheeeeit" :pac: "He don't look a day over 12" :pac:

Just watched it myself, have to say it's probably the worst episode I've seen.

You're wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

shady-nastys ha ha

You're wrong.
    Hmm, good point, let me rethink....... Nope, still the worst episode I've seen.

I don't particular like it when they do these kinds of stories and in this particular case the story revolved around the least funny character.

You're wrong.

I don't particular like it when they do these kinds of stories and in this particular case the story revolved around the least funny character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Not the worst IMO, the worst is the gang cracks the liberty bell, at least I think that was what it was called.

This season started so well, last 2 episodes have been letdowns though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement