Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Blackrock - What's the traffic like?

Options
  • 16-09-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All,

I'm looking to work in blackrock, but I'm unsure what the traffic would be like. I'm coming from Kildare so will be coming from Red Cow along the M50. What's the best route to take to get to Blackrock and is the traffic heavy between the times of 7am and 9am? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

At times it is. Mount Merrion Avenue is used by parents to deliver their children to multiple schools and Newtownpark Avenue is probably the same.

Before 7:30 certainly shouldn't be a problem, especially when you aren't going towards the city centre. After that you'd have to try out different times to determine which one would suit you best.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

moved from work/jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

You could try the Leopardstown exit, then down Newtownpark avenue

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

quickest route is probably;

exit m50 at leopardstown road roundabout (j15 think)

then you can either continue down lprdstwn road and onto newtownpark avenue (3rd exit at r/a),

or you can go down brewery road (2nd exit) take a left onto the n11, the next right into stillorgan park and then left onto carysford avenue

newtownpark ave is more straightforward but tends to be quite busy from experience.

you'll probably be waiting 3-5 mins or so at newlands cross each morning but the red cow will move fine (coming home is another matter)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Just be warned that the exit at Leopardstown is bumper to bumber most mornings with people commuting to Sandyford industrial estate, allow for this in your commute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

As above, Junction 14 always is busy, especially getting towards 9am. Personally, to skip all that, I just go down to Junction 15 and drive up the N11 to get to blackrock. Probably doesn't save much time but I can't really handle sitting in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I was thinking the same actually.

OP - do you have parking lined up by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Although a longer journey, it could be quicker coming off at j16 cherrywood, straight to the graduate roundabout, 2nd exit down to Glenageary roundabout, straight all the way through monkstown farm, and turning right and then left at the roundabout to bring you to monkstown village .

Then left to bring you to the rock road. Depends what part of blackrock from there.

Advertisement