Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best baby clothes shops

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SarahC11

Pumpkin patch in blanchardstown have the nicest baby clothes, its pricey but the clothes are worth it, i also love next babygrows they are more expensive but they wash better than the pennys & dunnes one, you get your wear out of them

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jenniflower87

I love tesco, next, m&s and Name it.

There is a Name it store in Omni in santry. It has a good selection and the clothes are really good quality. I've gotten a few gifts of clothes from this shop when my little lad was born and they wash brilliant.

There is also another shop pre maman in the omni. Clothes are good in there too. Debenhams is great for clothes when they are in the sale!! Clothes are good quality but very dear!!

Oh and baby gap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dereks

Wife is 4 months pregnant, when do people start picking up clothes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I'd buy the bare minimum. A few packs of babygros and vests is all you need. My two were completely different sizes and shapes so if I'd bought loads of things they'd have gone to waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Definitely only enough for initially. I got more than enough clothes up to six months. We picked a nice newborn vest and babygro together at about 7 months for his first outfit and loved putting that on him. Was so sad when he outgrew it!

Also which brand matters particularly when they are older. I love the next babygros but now he's three months his arms just don't match, even turned up they are waaaay to long. Thats on both 0-3 months and obviously 3-6 even though he's in 3-6 in every other measurement. Tesco are too long on the legs. Turns out dunnes, penny's and m&sfit him best right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭ariana`

dereks wrote: »
    Wife is 4 months pregnant, when do people start picking up clothes?

You'll get a list from the hospital or from Eumom.ie of what you need with respect to the basics e.g. 6-8 vests, 6-8 babygros, 2 cardigans, scratch mittens, 2 hats, a jacket for going home if it's going to be cold.

I'd buy very little else you will get a lot of gifts which will get you through the 1st year. And of course your wife will most likely want to buy bits 'n' bobs once she's getting out and about with the baby more as well :D There may be some seasonal stuff you need e.g. summer hats or winter snow suits but i'd wait til you have baby here first for all those purchases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

100% has to be next and m&s for me, I’ve bought from lots of stores but everything always looses shape. With next and m&s they are more expensive but the quality lasts and I even manage to hand them down as good as new to my next LO. M&S do great 3 for 2 offers every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

I find tescos good too. Also to save money prelovedclothing.ie is good. Often find outfits there with tags still on them. Same with adverts.ie. v handy for 1st 12 months when they can go through clothes so fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

If you are buying clothes as present is there anywhere you can get something unique like the baby's name printed on it? I want something good quality just a bit more personal. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

‘Not on the highstreet’ website do personalised gifts a bit pricey though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Bambinoonboard

H&M, Next (although pricey) and F&F!!! All great quality. As well as Dunnes Stores too of course :)

Advertisement