Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good breakfast in Douglas?

Options
  • 16-09-2011 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a place that does a (nice) breakfast in Douglas village? The only places I can think of are the Eatery and McDonalds but neither of those are particularly appetising.

I had a read through some old Breakfast threads but they were all centered around the city center and I didnt see any places in Douglas mentioned.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭max 73

John o sullivans bar or try puccinies in Douglas village shopping centre both are good value & tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

the bagel bar/o'brians in the new center is pretty decent, usually stop there when I'm out buying cat food

I really liked the coffee, cakes were great too, also the fact it was quieter then the place closer to the Tesco entrance

Not sure what they do in the way of breakfast, but the one in Mahon has some decent options on their menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Try on the pigs back at the back of the woolen mills. The food is very tasty in there, it doesn't open til 9am though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thanks for those suggestions - I'll have to give some of them a try :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

The Pucinos (sp? ) in Tesco shopping centre is pretty nice for breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

What about the Maryborough Hotel? Breakfast there is decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Puccinos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Puccinos seems to be getting a good few mentions - I'll have to check that out asap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Ok its not quite Douglas village, I have tried them all and in all honesty I think Ross's Bakery up by The Silver Key in Ballinlough is the best.

Tasty home type breakfast at a very resonable cost, the bread is tasty too.
    Second to that though would be Puccinos, the service is not great though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Aye, I'd suggest puccinos too, nice enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yeah, Puccinos is quite decent and they seem to have a good following on a Sunday morning, it can be busy but the staff seem to be well capable ensuring your breakfast arrives warm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

i went home with a girl from douglas 1 night. she macooked a serious fry up.... am i allowed say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

definately Puccinnos!! lovely food.. really good fry up on a sunday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Johnnos pub! Unreal breakfast there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

newbee22 wrote: »
    Johnnos pub! Unreal breakfast there!

out of interest, what time does JohnO's open at on a Sunday morning for example? (their website has a few problems).
    Puccinno's is open nice and early on a Sunday morning, ideal for us parents with young kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

out of interest, what time does JohnO's open at on a Sunday morning for example? (their website has a few problems).
    Puccinno's is open nice and early on a Sunday morning, ideal for us parents with young kids.
    I actually don't know! :o I've only ever gone there on a weekday morning:) Puccinnos is really nice too, forgot about that place until I saw this thread!

Advertisement