Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Carina II 25th anniversary edition

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Never noticed the date, need to stop reading stuff late at night

9 year old thread revival ???

This thread is heading for vintage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Never noticed the date, need to stop reading stuff late at night

The search function can be a bit mental on this site too in all fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The search function can be a bit mental on this site too in all fairness.

I didn't restart it, was at the top of the list on the main page so clickbait worked

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭BrianD3

It may have been forgotten that the Carina II made a very decent Touring Car in the BTCC. Won a number of races in 1991-1992 - not this one though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Con man

BrianD3 wrote: »
    It may have been forgotten that the Carina II made a very decent Touring Car in the BTCC. Won a number of races in 1991-1992 - not this one though :D

Hi nice to see this thread open again. I am looking for help to track down a 1991 Toyota carina 2 that both my father and myself used to own it was a grey lift back model 1.6 reg 91d9494 I did w cartell check and it's not very helpful and didn't show up as being scrapped. If anyone has any info on the whereabouts of this car I would be very grateful
    Regards Con.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

you will pick up a lot of woman in that car

• Registered Users Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

V480 wrote: »

The might not be the most characterful cars but those old Carinas were nice and quite refined for their day. I remember my dad had one with a lovely veleur interior, much nicer in fact than the Carina E he bought after and still drives today.

My old metalwork teacher still drives an old 1991 Carina he probably bought when new! So yes they do get under your skin. Don't mind the snob/begrudgers and enjoy the car. :)

AS the owner of a 1990 liftback that I got for a song last year and will be getting a full resto next year, I can confirm that (a.) the interior is so so comfortable and (b.) they really do get under your skin
    BrianD3 wrote: »

The amount of times I've watched that race this year is mad. It's gas. Great clip on youtube of the lads talking years later .

Advertisement