Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglaries in Ballon/Ardattin /Tullow

Options
  • 16-09-2011 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

Not a day going by now but you hear of someones house been robbed.On my road of about 15 houses ,6 have been robbed ,1 house twice.I dont ever hear of anyone getting caught and "punished "..Is it more frequent around these areas or is it the same else where in the county ?. methinks bring in texas law:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Not a day going by now but you hear of someones house been robbed.On my road of about 15 houses ,6 have been robbed ,1 house twice.I dont ever hear of anyone getting caught and "punished "..Is it more frequent around these areas or is it the same else where in the county ?. methinks bring in texas law:D

I haven't heard anything. Where abouts are you living?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Can't understand how people don't have alarms and lock windows when going out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

I heard when this was going on about 6 months ago. They knew who they were and it was dealt with , let say ahem! on a community basis.

I was suprised as I presumed that it was gangs from Dublin coming down as you hear happening in a lot of other commuter belt towns.
    Hope it does'nt start again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

This is how it works.

Your local scummers will make a list of all the houses in your estate, taking note of such things as to which houses have alarms, a dog etc..

They will then pass on this 'shopping list' to scummers in a town at the other end of the county.

Using this information, they will then rob each other's towns.

In the event of getting caught, they're not seen to be stealing from their neighbours.

They use other methods too, but I won't go into them here.

It's safe to say though that these 'people' have no morals whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭mirror mirror

alarms on and windows ,doors ,gates locked and still happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Some scrot nicked my karcher from the garage the other week. I live near Tullow.
    I know what I'd do to them if I caught them. It would involve putting the jet nozzle where the sun don't shine.

Last night 5 guys were confronted at the back of a house near the Bang UP Cross,they ran to a waiting van parked up the road.The van was followed and blocked in and 5 scumbags started mouthing and threatening ,saying they were only lamping (with no dogs)anyhow while the registration was being taken they done a quick u -turn and sped off again towards Bunclody again being chased. A bit later guards were notified and it turns out the reg was not for that van.This happened at 11 o clock last night..Also a land rover is doing the rounds again false number plates. So anyone living in this area be on guard..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Last week there were people going door to door. They called to my mam's house, but she didn't bother answering the door. A few mins passed and they were at the back door trying to open it! :eek:

Simple precaution but just ensure your doors are locked even if you're at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Also a land rover is doing the rounds again false number plates. So anyone living in this area be on guard..

Any idea of the description/details on the land rover so we can keep an eye out for it just incase?

It was a blue in colour, other that now i cant say for certain.When and if i do i will post here.If that was'nt enough there is a white hiace van with a middle aged blond /peroxide calling around asking to read your palms.Its gone to the f///ing dogs, i think some Texas justice is called for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

It was a blue in colour, other that now i cant say for certain.When and if i do i will post here.If that was'nt enough there is a white hiace van with a middle aged blond /peroxide calling around asking to read your palms.Its gone to the f///ing dogs, i think some Texas justice is called for.

Walker style

Its looking like that alright....:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Sean O'Brien is back in town. I reckon he could sort it. :D

Was just talking to my landlord and a white van was stopped last night on the Myshall side of Kilbride cross. The van was impounded but i don't know what was done with the occupants.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

Nice to see the effect of social welfare cuts in action . Cut young peoples dole in half down to €85 a week and *some* will go out and rob to make up the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

zeds alive wrote: »
    Nice to see the effect of social welfare cuts in action . Cut young peoples dole in half down to €85 a week and *some* will go out and rob to make up the difference

A whole load of baseless assumptions there, unless you know some actual facts about those involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

slimjimmc wrote: »
    A whole load of baseless assumptions there, unless you know some actual facts about those involved?

I'm basing my assumptions on life experience. I grew up with a lot of them , cousins and extended family, and I see and know a lot of people from my housing estate who partake , I don't know anything about the people involved in the cases mentioned , but I do know of some of the reasons why a lot of young people with very little employment prospects start stealing , you cut the dole in half and tell them to find work that isn't there and *some* will find the cash else where.

The school in Ballon was broken into on Sunday night. I heard they got a sum of money and tried to get into some of the rooms with no success thankfully. A new low I think, bringing this crap into a childs psyche.

Sooner or later some-one might catch the likes of these scum on their property and then what will happen?? The f///ing law is'nt exactly a deterrent is it ? Come to think of it theres a big difference between law and justice .

Tbh i haven't seen much of a police presence in the area over the past four or five months.

• Advertisement

Tuesday is the only day the barracks is open in Ballon now.When guard shanahan was stationed in Ballon a few years back (the station was open nearly always then) there wasnt as much of this s//te going on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

A number of schools have been targeted, but most schools don't keep money anymore. It's the mess ,more than anything else-and picking up fragments of glass for the next 6 months in a school that's the worst.:mad:

McAsseys shop is the latest robbery ,any one caught or even questioned ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭scatter

We were down visiting the weekend and heard about the spate of burglaries around the place,unreal.There is no deterrent what so ever IF they were ever caught anyhow.A slap on the wrist is all they seem to get.Wait until someone gets hurted ,victim or burglar ,( preferably the latter) and then what ?Remember that farmer up the west of Ireland a few years back :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Our neighbours in Carlow town were broken into between about half 4 and maybe 7 this evening. They apparently took everything. They broke in through the patio door. :(

Heard yesterday afternoon that there were 2 cars stolen from an estate in Ballon on Friday night and 1 Stolen from Fenagh.

Things are getting ridiculous at this stage!!

tommycahir wrote: »
    Heard yesterday afternoon that there were 2 cars stolen from an estate in Ballon on Friday night and 1 Stolen from Fenagh.

Things are getting ridiculous at this stage!!
    which estate was that Tommy? I hear one was stolen in Mullaunmore (house only broken into for keys to the car and nothing else gone!) and another attempted car robbery at the same time. I think it was last Wednesday night.
    I never , ever see Garda around anymore. Last few years I have been woken up by Garda cars patrolling the estate at night time.

Had heard that it was robbed in Mullaunmore could be wrong though..

Also one of the neighbours had their shed robbed last week and most stuff taken from it, they decided they wanted to rob his quad also and to do that they brought along his trailer for good measure.
    Then the same crowd came back the following night and took everything they had left the night before... He wasn't even left with a hammer in the shed !!!

qyt wrote: »
    hi,
    Has anyone heard of some bulgarian people who were robbing houses in tullow area?
    How do you know they are Bulgarian?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

qyt wrote: »
    hi,
    Has anyone heard of some bulgarian people who were robbing houses in tullow area?

You miss-heard, they were burglars, not Bulgarian.

Advertisement