Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Connection Problems

• 16-09-2011 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I have a problem with upc broadband where the connection stops for a few seconds just enough to disconnect Skype or online games. I've tried with and without a wireless router and they both have the same problem. It happens every 5 minutes to an hour.

It doesn't seem to affect regular browsing just anything that is streaming stops.

I have complained to UPC twice and both times they said they had told someone about the problem.

Does anyone have the same problem or is it just me? I doubt it could by a problem with the cable because it works perfect normally.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

nebkat wrote: »
    I have a problem with upc broadband where the connection stops for a few seconds just enough to disconnect Skype or online games. I've tried with and without a wireless router and they both have the same problem. It happens every 5 minutes to an hour.

It doesn't seem to affect regular browsing just anything that is streaming stops.

I have complained to UPC twice and both times they said they had told someone about the problem.

Does anyone have the same problem or is it just me? I doubt it could by a problem with the cable because it works perfect normally.

Sounds like an auto channel problem. Log in to your modem using 192.168.1.1, click setup go to wireless basic and look at new channel. If its auto thats whats causing your problem. Set a static channel of 1,6 or 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nebkat

Seems to have fixed it thanks :D

Advertisement