Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cellbridge estates

Options
  • 16-09-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

A complete newbie to Cellbridge.

Which housing estate would be nice to consider buying in for a young family.
    In general is Cellbridge nice, we live in Lucan now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hermajesty

Hi, I've lived in Celbridge over 10 yrs now, and love it. Depending on how much you can afford to spend on a house....nice estates would be Abbey Farm, Temple Manor, Crodaun Forest Park, Wolstan Havan....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

there all nice,theres only 1 id stay away from and everyone i know say the same even those tthat live there hate it.
    theres a 4 bed in abbey farm going for 280K

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭CJ1

Thanks for replies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Stealthirl wrote: »
    there all nice,theres only 1 id stay away from and everyone i know say the same even those tthat live there hate it.
    theres a 4 bed in abbey farm going for 280K

Every estate mentioned is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Does anyone have opinions on Oldtown Mill, have a mate that lives there and he seems to like it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Stealthirl wrote: »

and.....it is??

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

Riskymove wrote: »
    and.....it is??
    Ballymakealy

The rest are all ok.

livEwirE wrote: »
    Does anyone have opinions on Oldtown Mill, have a mate that lives there and he seems to like it?

Nice place. Plenty of young couples and lots of kids. Close to all schools and amenities. Only negative (sort of) is that it is on a main road. Its nowhere near a London M25 type gridlock, but traffic can be fairly busy during peak hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Italia wrote: »
    Ballymakealy

The rest are all ok.
    Afraid of a harmless small council estate are we ?, ballymakealy is fine.

Afraid? Not at all. Been in worse places

The estate being fine? I'm 100% certain that not everyone living in Ballymakealy is a sc*mbag. In fact 2 of my son's mates live in the estate and both the families are really fine folk. Unfortunately, there are some choice individuals living in Ballymakealy that ruin it for everyone.

Plus its not exactly well looked after is it? I understand and accept that some are not well off and that KCC is remiss in its responsibilities, but broken booze bottles/glass in the streets and assorted junk dumped on the greens don't materialise by themselves. Also complaints of ASB are not uncommon in the estate.
    airmax87 wrote: »
    Afraid of a harmless small council estate are we ?, ballymakealy is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

See that nail ? well u hit its head
    i know a few ppl up there and while the ones who live near the enterance think its ok those further in hate it and would leave if they could.

its not that its a council estate,hell i grew up in Avondale and alot of my friends are from Patricks Park. it just has a higher % of bad neighbors shall we say

Advertisement