Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interested in skype oral practice? (French)

• 16-09-2011 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Anyone interested in starting a regular french oral prep call via Skype?
    I thought maybe we could get a couple people in a group call, and have turns in pairs, for like an hour every week.... seen it suggested on here a while ago, not sure if it was a success, but if people put in the effort, I see no reason why it shouldn't do wonders for our orals, since we're all in this sh1tstorm together :)

Hr level preferably :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'm up for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

cool cool, anybody else? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

bleh i think skype is the most accessible and user friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

bleh i think skype is the most accessible and user friendly

And you can put it on your boards profile too.

Might be interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

I'm intersted! Send me a PM with your skype name! :)

okay, so we have 3 people, i that should do
    anyone else interested is welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

Hmm, peut-être... :)

Did the French oral last year, it used to be my weakest area but in the end I think it brought me up!

Anyway, I might join ye, it's a great way of improving languages. (I did a couple of Skype calls as Gaeilge last year which really helped!)

that would be awesome il msg you with he details once we get it all sorted, im thinking friday at 9 pm every week for 1 hour?

Also if anyone wants to do Irish oral I'm up for that too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Call Me Lia

Ooh I want to do this :) ! Any spaces left? :p

no you're too late.....
    lol of course theres space left :)
    add me on skype UnholyGregor

Will try this then, but can't guarantee I'll be available every friday evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Yeah sure why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

I'm still interested but I can't do it every week or anything. I probably won't be spending much time practicing for the orals for a good while anyway so carry on without me for now! :P Send an oul PM my way if you want my Skype name or to organise something a bit closer to the orals. :)

And if anyone's interested in doing this for Irish too béadh sé go hiontach!

my skype id is UnholyGregor
    friday at 9pm's the plan. add me on skype, asap, so i can make a final list of the people.

anyone got any ideas on what way to do the calls? if there's 6 of us, would it be better to have 3 pairs in seperate calls, with alternating partners every week, to keep things varied, and to get the most done per hour (if everyones in one call, people will have to wait for the others to finish to talk)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 speng86

I'm also interested, and I registered in this forum for this reason, my skype is "moohdb" and I would like that you proclaim the date of any skype conversation in this web page befor some time.

speng86 wrote: »
    I'm also interested, and I registered in this forum for this reason, my skype is "moohdb" and I would like that you proclaim the date of any skype conversation in this web page befor some time.

Are you from Tunisia?!

:confused:

Sunday at 7pm okay for everyone? (seems like a safe time, who goes anywhere at 7 on a sunday?) , basically just gonna get everyone in a call and sort times and pairs/rotations and topics out; i expect everyone to be there, as im gonna be making a final list of the people and all that stuff, if you dont give me a pm to excuse yourself this week, your out im afraid, as it would really screw **** up if people came and went as they pleased.

Sunday at 7pm okay for everyone? (seems like a safe time, who goes anywhere at 7 on a sunday?) , basically just gonna get everyone in a call and sort times and pairs/rotations and topics out; i expect everyone to be there, as im gonna be making a final list of the people and all that stuff, if you dont give me a pm to excuse yourself this week, your out im afraid, as it would really screw **** up if people came and went as they pleased.

So wait, It's changed to Sunday at 7 now? So it's NOT happening tonight at 9 anymore?

• Advertisement

nope not tonight, somebody's not available on friday nights, and its an awkward time anyway, with parties and other social ****.... so ive heard :'(
    foreveralone.jpg

My skype name is callmelia123 . Anybody who's doing it feel free to add me, as I thought it was happening tonight but I haven't received any notice of it going on. Disappointed :(

it IS happening tonight, providing people turn up, in 30 mins!!!

10 min guys if people are coming :D

right, 8 pm, 2 people online, want to go ahead, or postpone?

Will we give people another 15min?

Call me Lia, I added you, are you online? :)

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Call me Lia, I added you, are you online? :)

Ya I'm online, but I didn't get any add. Try again, or else send me a pm with your skype name

Well that was epic!!!

• Advertisement

it actually was ridiculous banter, i propose we do a french oral drinking game.... every time ben sighs in resignation, or talks in english, take a swig :D

Advertisement