Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help choosing a phone

Options
  • 16-09-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭

Hi all haven't really got a cloue about phones don't text much but have been offered an upgrade on the following.I was originally going to wait and get the next I phone more for internet e mail apps also touch & bigger screen so what are the merits of the folowing or should I go with i phone.

Phone is for business so paid for by company

Thanks for help

Blackberry curve 8520 Blackberry curve 9300 HTC Wildfire S

LG Optimus 7

Nokia N8

Nokia C7

Sony Ericsson Vivaz

All of the above are smart phones and as such are subject to an 18 month contract on which ever number they are upgraded on.

Below is a list of Standard phones which are available:

Nokia 6303i

Nokia 6700 slider (black)

Nokia c5-03

Samsung B2100 (builder phone)

Nokia C3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

LG Optimus 7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭pavb2

Thanks looked at the Lg touch screen,windows seems simple to use any reasons why it out performs the others

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

pavb2 wrote: »
    Thanks looked at the Lg touch screen,windows seems simple to use any reasons why it out performs the others

I have the LG and it's fantastic. Good large screen, 16GB memory, fast,very slick OS which should get a lot better in the next couple of weeks(Big Update), plenty of games/apps, email is great.

None of the above really compare to it at all imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 primoled

Blackberry...Obama has it..

Quality LED Lightning Supplier Brisbane
    www.primoled.com.au

I could be here all day trying to answer that :D it's easier to list where the other phones would be better.

Nokia N8 has a better camera, thats about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

AntiVirus wrote: »
    I

Nokia N8 has a better camera, thats about it.

Battery is probably better. The optimus 7 never impressed me battery wise

Davy wrote: »
    Battery is probably better. The optimus 7 never impressed me battery wise

Nokia N8 = 1200 mAh
    LG Optimus = 1500 mAh

It all depends on usage

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Nokia N8 = 1200 mAh
    LG Optimus = 1500 mAh

It all depends on usage

I know what the stats say, but im going on my experience of using both handsets and i feelthe N8 is stronger on battery. Would prefer the mapping on the nokia also

So would the LG be better than an i phone?

So would the LG be better than an i phone?

You would really need to try out both phones and decide for yourself. After using both I myself perfer the LG but the iPhone has about 500,000 apps to chose from where as the LG (Windows Phone) only has 30,000.

Here's a good comparison of the 2 OS's
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP9HlGB7Sy8

I'd expect the Windows Phone will catch up especially with Windows 8 coming out next year which will link up with the Windows Tablets/Laptops/Desktops and Windows Phone.

• Advertisement

Going to go with the LG but is there a decent app for sat nav or am I better off buying a dedicated sat nav?

Going to go with the LG but is there a decent app for sat nav or am I better off buying a dedicated sat nav?

Im using NAVIGON Europe which is pretty good. It costs 60 euros and you get all of the european maps. I'd hold off getting a Sat Nav app for the moment as I think Nokia will be releasing there's for free soon. They said it would be available for other Windows Phones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NowrZXNtrxI

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

N8 is the best phone from that lot!! Sat nav is ace, web browser is good (use opera brower) and best of all is the camera!! Battery life is about 2 and half days using web browser playing games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

DonFred wrote: »
    N8 is the best phone from that lot!! Sat nav is ace, web browser is good (use opera brower) and best of all is the camera!! Battery life is about 2 and half days using web browser playing games etc.

I think it depends on the usage. One my mates that had it always complained that his N8 barely lasted him a day. While the other that still has it lasts under 2 days.

So depends on what type of a use are you?

Now being told the LG is out of stock and have been offered a Galaxy Ace how does this compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Matthewjohn

Samsung Galaxy s 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Now being told the LG is out of stock and have been offered a Galaxy Ace how does this compare?

On Vodafone is it?

Their probably making space for new phones. HTC titan and radar, new lg windows phone and Samsung Omnia W

Sam ace is a mid end android phone. So the screen quality and performance are gonna be half of what it is on LG Optimus 7

Yes Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

don't go anywhere near the Vivaz

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭passarellaie

Do go near the Sony if its reliablity you want.also with Sont takeing 100% of sony Ericsson there are going to be serious developments there

• Advertisement
Advertisement