Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's it worth - Rover 75

• 16-09-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have a 1999 Rover 75 which I'm thinking of selling.

Not sure how much it's worth though or what sort of asking price should I be looking at?

It's a diesel. Good condition for a car of it's age.

Mileage: 148k

I hate to see it go but it's time for a change.

Not sure whether to sell privately or see how it gets on at an auction.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What colour and spec level is it?

NCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Sorry should have added more info!

It's a Classic CDT

NCT - yup has a valid one!

Colour: Navy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Moyglish wrote: »
    Sorry should have added more info!

It's a Classic CDT

NCT - yup has a valid one!

Colour: Navy

for how long? Include that detail in your ad. 'Valid NCT' is meaningless, as it could expire tomorrow, but is valid today!

It's out at the end of the year.

Not actually sure I want to go down the private sale route, I'm thinking of letting it go to auction, just wondering what sort of ballpark figure to expect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

At auction 500-700 max, privately with a new test you should be able to ask 1,000.

• Advertisement

You'll get a grand for that privately if it's straight and clean.

Would be great if I did, won't hold out my hopes though! :p

Cheers for the feedback guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's out at the end of the year.

That means you can have it tested early at the end of this month. The test will then be valid until the end of next year. If you do that, you should hold out for a grand

Without a new test, I doubt you will get a grand tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Pity its a bad spec and colour. With a test I reckon 1250 tops

What's wrong with the colour? Just curious.. I actually think Navy is one of the colours they look the best in. I personally don't like them in black/silver/champagne or the light blue colours.

Whats a "good" colour for 75's?

Not being defensive, just genuinely curious! :D

• Advertisement

Can't see anything wrong with the blue, if it was that piss gold I'd say something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Hiace.

What's wrong with the colour? Just curious.. I actually think Navy is one of the colours they look the best in. I personally don't like them in black/silver/champagne or the light blue colours.

Whats a "good" colour for 75's?

Not being defensive, just genuinely curious! :D

You're right, Rovers, unlike a lot of cars, do look good in navy blue, so you should be ok, and taste is a personal thing, but its a proven rule of thumb for cars that some colours sell much better than others. e.g. the popular colours you listed.

Hiace. wrote: »

Petrol, though. And bollox of an engine at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Petrol, though. And bollox of an engine at that.

And
    IM LOCATED NEAR GATWICK AIRPORT IN UNITED KINGDOM

And bollox of an engine at that.

Engine is fine, just make sure you notice quickly if there's a coolant leak :pac:

unkel wrote: »
    Engine is fine, just make sure you notice quickly if there's a coolant leak :pac:

It's a gastly engine! Horrible on fuel and horrible on power and just generally horrible to drive. Honestly, a 1.8 Rover 75 is the last car I'd ever buy (Well, a 1.8 Freelander just slips ahead)

Does the job fine in a Lotus or a Caterham

Sigh...

Sigh...

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Hiace.

And IM LOCATED NEAR GATWICK AIRPORT IN UNITED KINGDOM

Could just work if your over in London for a day or two anyway, then bring her back. I'd sell he'd sell her for a good bit less than he's asking. She looks like she was maybe sitting at the airport for a few years.

It's a gastly engine! Horrible on fuel and horrible on power

LOL, what are you comparing it to? Obviously any small 4 pot engine (120BHP) in a car nearly the size of a 5-series is going to be underpowered and using a lot of fuel.

But the engine itself is not ghastly at all. When it was released about 20-25 years ago it was quite something. It's extremely light (about 95kg, from memory) and it produced 105BHP out of a 1.4 - something only a few other manufacturers (Honda springs to mind) could do at the time with a budget mass produced small NA 4-potter

As RJ rightly remarked, the engine was / is widely used in Lotus and Caterham cars. Apart from the small coolant capacity and the use of plastic dowels :rolleyes: - why isn't there a facepalm emoticon :D - the engine is excellent

I've driven more of them than you'll ever see in your life time! They're ****e, along with the poxy, also ****e 1.4 that they were derived from!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

unkel wrote: »
    LOL, what are you comparing it to? Obviously any small 4 pot engine (120BHP) in a car nearly the size of a 5-series is going to be underpowered and using a lot of fuel.

But the engine itself is not ghastly at all. When it was released about 20-25 years ago it was quite something. It's extremely light (about 95kg, from memory) and it produced 105BHP out of a 1.4 - something only a few other manufacturers (Honda springs to mind) could do at the time with a budget mass produced small NA 4-potter

As RJ rightly remarked, the engine was / is widely used in Lotus and Caterham cars. Apart from the small coolant capacity and the use of plastic dowels :rolleyes: - why isn't there a facepalm emoticon :D - the engine is excellent

You are quite right..

The Metro GTi is one of the overlooked fun cars. It was the reincarnation of the Golf 1600 GTI... revvy and short geared.

si_guru wrote: »
    You are quite right..

The Metro GTi is one of the overlooked fun cars. It was the reincarnation of the Golf 1600 GTI... revvy and short geared.

sh1t engine in them apparently

Everything is ****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

RoverJames wrote: »
    sh1t engine in them apparently

Which?

si_guru wrote: »
    Which?

Those Metro Gti yokes, sh1t engine apparently, poxy and sh1t :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I've driven more of them than you'll ever see in your life time! They're ****e, along with the poxy, also ****e 1.4 that they were derived from!

You do know the KV6 is derived from the same block?

The 1.8 litre is particularly bad in the 75 though and the most prone to headgasket failure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement