Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone Charity Shops

Options
  • 16-09-2011 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I am visiting the Library in Athlone in a few weeks and while I am in there
    herself asked me to find out the location of charity shops in Athlone so she can keep herself occupied while I am wasting my time with my nose stuck in a microfiche for half the day.
    While I am at it, where is the cheapest parking near the library please?
    Any help would be most welcome.
    Thanking ye all in advance.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

If you are going to be there for a few hours, probably better off parking in the underground of Athlone Town Centre - it's right beside the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

Thats really great and cheap too.
    Many thanks.
    Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

When you park in the town centre, find the Easons shop in the Centre and take the exit next to it out onto the street, turn right to head for St.Marys Square, at the near end of the car park for the church there is a small charity shop.

Then when you come back out head accross the road towards the traffic lights on the main street/Dunnes and turn left, 3 mins downtown just before Supermacs you have the Simon Community Charity shop, again a bit small but some good stuff in there.

The only other one I am aware of is the SVDP shop over near Connaught Street. It's about 10mins walk from the Simon one. You need to head up town and over the town bridge, head through the Square (St Peters Square accross from the church) and past the Post Office, up to the top of Pearse Street hill and turn left, the shop is on the left a few doors down.

There's also a nice walk around the "Latin Quarter", take a left when you come out of the SVDP shop and just follow the main road down to Seans Bar etc. and then back up around the Castle and you will be back at St Peters Square and the town bridge.

Have a good day in the town! :)

Thank you DVD, great precise directions.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

Now lads please be patient with this old codger, I need directions. You see I have never been to Athlone, well not for 40 years anyway.
    Where is the Aidan Heavey Public Library in relation to the Prince of Wales Hotel please? Lets just say I just came out the front door of the hotel, where would I go to get to the library?
    And if I came out the same front door where would I go to get to the all day parking?
    Thanks for your patience lads, with a bit of luck you will get to my age and hope the young 'uns dont think you are a gobshreen.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's literally in front of it. Walk out, look to your left. It's the large modern building. About 30 seconds walk :pac:

Thank you Cherry.
    Much appreciated.
    Tom.

Advertisement