Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate My Teacher website

• 16-09-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

How do you feel about comments written about yourself on Rate my Teacher website? Do you take them personally or do you see the funny side of them????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Nobody uses it anymore.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

deemark wrote: »
    Nobody uses it anymore.
    Except for one teacher I know who constantly gives herself great marks, when no-one I know even thinks about it anymore...how sad is that!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

its always kids with an axe to grind too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

Sparky100 wrote: »
    How do you feel about comments written about yourself on Rate my Teacher website? Do you take them personally or do you see the funny side of them????

I don't think any of us are still living in 2004!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Sparky100 wrote: »
    I'd kinda like to know what they think of me to be honest, especially the negatives. I'm always tempted to put my name up (because whichever student did put me up got my name wrong) just to see what they say. I don't think any of them go on it really though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

they will say stupid crap about your clothes or something. I apparently will make you fail your leaving cert!! It was easy to widdle it down to the one who did fail over all the years and also the fact they always went on the hop instead of school would of course be of no value to their education; but in their minds I have a direct line with the SEC and purposely made them fail their leaving cert! Gas.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I got three comments during my PGDE; two said I was "a legend" and the greatest teacher they'd ever had. One said I was the worst teacher they ever had. Truth is I fell, probably, bang in the middle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Scodaben

Normally the students who do not want to work post negative comments about the teacher. I find that if you tell a student a few home truths about how they are not working or send a letter home suddenly you are a bad teacher with crap methods. This is a ridiculous site and can be soul destroying for a teacher who genuinely works hard to help students because it's always the student with an axe to grind that makes a comment. Information will never be learnt by a student who is not receptive to it, teachers are not magicians who can wave a wand and upload information into somebody's brain, they merely facilitate learning in students who are open to learning. A grossly unfair site and an unjustified medium for students with grips to slander their teachers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This topic has been discussed a few times and as this thread is 7 months old I don't see the need to drag it up again so that the same things can be said over and over.

My suggestion? Ignore the site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement