Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shopping for clothes

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Do you like doing it? What are your favourite stores and brands?

I have to say I dont mind shopping once places are not jammed. If I buy something though have to buy 5 other things.

Don't go clothes shopping frequently, normally 4-5 times a year when have some cash

My fav shops are Burton and H&M. Don't seem keen on topshop or river island although that might be some what down to clothes always too small in them for me:o

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

awec wrote: »
    Absolutely love it.

Favourite shop is definitely all saints (allsaints.com).

I go frequently, would buy numerous items on a montly basis.

Topman and River Island are ok for cheaper runaround gear that you don't mind getting wrecked.

Used to buy superdry but sort of gone off it now that every sod seems to shop there. :(

Ya liked superdry myself, till everybody had stuff from it:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Clothes thread merged with previous one folks

I prefer to be on me own when I'm at the shops, I usually go in there thinking "right I want x,y,z," and have a root round until I see something I like.
    I've gone shopping with a few other blokes before, it can be a bit of craic with a few pints in ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

Cannot stand shopping for clothes. Which is why for the past 6 or 7 years, I buy them all on the internet. Saves so much hassle, & if buying in bulk it ends up being a bit cheaper. The added bonus is not having to traipse around from shop to shop on freezing cold days, and that in itself is priceless.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Once I'm in the mood, ill shop for Ireland. However I rarely shop in Ireland. Such a fuppin rip off here so I shop when abroad or if I know I'm going Stateside then ill wait, save and allocate a few days to shopping over there :D

Mostly wear jeans, polo shirts and jumpers but hate buying cheap stuff as it doesn't last and ages very badly..

Also explains how I never have enough storage in my place for clothes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Like shopping for clothes and am usually in and out in 20 minutes.

Debenhams and Next would be my main shops as I always get good quality gear from them.

Shopping with women is a big no no.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I see every second person now with Hollister tops on. Surely the exclusivity of the brand disappears when it is so common?
    And seriously the stuff looks like Dunnes stores gear. The only difference is the big white writing which itself makes the top look cheaper.
    Plus there are queues outside the shop?? Who would queue to go into a overpriced clothes shop? I think the government should put cameras outside it so they can ID the people that can afford tax increases next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

donfers wrote: »
    it's not that bloody difficult but jesus the amount of utterly bewildered looking gombeens being led around like 5 year olds by their overbearing girlfriends in the mens department of clothes shops is unreal

do you really need your other half's approval for what clothes you wear?

If i like something and my girlfriend doesn't like it then i'll still go ahead and buy it, this fashion oppression must stop - anyway usually she'll say after i've been wearing it a while "you know what, it looks good after all"

point is, trust your instinct, don't be babysat around the shop, if you like the bleedin clothes, then try them on and if they fit and you still like them, then buy them, it's a fairly simple procedure although yes i'll concede it's a pain in the arse trying clothes on but there you, 5-10 minutes of effort and you'll have your new item of clothing

but why do we make it so difficult for ourselves? is it simply because we are not that bothered by fashion - just buy any old thing that doesn't stand out too much or look completely ****e and that'll do me kind of attitude

but seriously lads, lose the ladies for god's sake or at the very worst get her opinion, but i see loads of guys basically stand around scratching their arses as their girlfriend swoops for a range of clothes for them to try on, she is not your mother, you can choose your own clothes now - we are generally not great at fashion in Ireland (both sexes) and that's commendable in some ways as we are not vain creatures and have other more important stuff to concern ourselves with but I think men should at the very least have the wherewithall to choose their own clothes

You're dead right, I've often thought the same thing.

They look like feckin' toddlers being led around.

They've switched effortlessly from mammy buying their clothes to their girlfriends/wives.

Grow some testicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Don't mind shopping myself as long as it's me and my iPod doing the shopping. Having other people there is a disaster and slows the process down. In early on a Saturday morning, straight to River Island/Topman/Penneys for cheap shoes/socks and home.

35 mins on the bus, an hour in town, 35 mins on the bus home. Bish, bash, bosh and it's football for the rest of the day. Fúck yeah.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

awec wrote: »
    I really don't like Hollister because as you say everyone has it.

I really don't like Hollister because it looks cheap and people who wear it look slovenly. However it is a good advertisment for a pesons lack of imagination and independent thought

• Advertisement
Advertisement