Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus route, city centre to Stillorgan?

Options
  • 16-09-2011 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'd appreciate info on Dublin Bus. I've lived in the city before but Dublin Bus was one transport I didn't need to use. I find their website confusing regards directions and stops going and from places. I've never seen anything like it having used transport in many city at home and abroad.

I need to get a bus from the city centre to the Stillorgan Park Hotel. Does anyone know where I can get the buses from the city centre?

I know it's the 46A, 84 and 145 buses. I know they stop near the hotel. Are the buses from the hotel back to the city centre more or less from the location? Also what is the Dublin bus fare these days?

Thanks,

L.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Hi,

I know it's the 46A, 84 and 145 buses. I know they stop near the hotel. Are the buses from the hotel back to the city centre more or less from the location? Also what is the Dublin bus fare these days?

Thanks,

L.

Nassau street has all three bus stops within 20 yards of each other.

Fare is 1.85 / 2.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

What's city centre for you? 46a and 145 will work, not sure where 84 goes these days. 46a goes to Stillorgan from Phoenix Park via O'Connell St and 145 from Heuston Station. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel and going into town there is another one on the other side of the N11.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Hi,

I'd appreciate info on Dublin Bus. I've lived in the city before but Dublin Bus was one transport I didn't need to use. I find their website confusing regards directions and stops going and from places. I've never seen anything like it having used transport in many city at home and abroad.

I need to get a bus from the city centre to the Stillorgan Park Hotel. Does anyone know where I can get the buses from the city centre?

Thanks,

L.

Your options from the city centre are the 46a, and 145, and to a lesser extent the 47.

The fare is EUR 1.85.

All three serve Nassau Street which is where your choices are maximised.

The return journey is on the far side of the N11 from the hotel.

The 84 operates from UCD to Newcastle these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Hi Legendary, we offer a complimentary shuttle bus service for all guest staying in the hotel. Ring reception on 01 2001800 and one of the girls will book you in. If you're not staying, give us a ring anyway if the bus isn't busy or there is a pick-up or drop off near where you need to be collected they might be able to help you out.
    Dom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Nassau street has all three bus stops within 20 yards of each other.

Fare is 1.85 / 2.30

Thanks for that. Nassau St. is what I'm looking for I'd say.
    mhge wrote: »
    What's city centre for you? 46a and 145 will work, not sure where 84 goes these days. 46a goes to Stillorgan from Phoenix Park via O'Connell St and 145 from Heuston Station. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel and going into town there is another one on the other side of the N11.

I consider O'Connell Street the city centre. The bus 46a, is it that it goes from O'Connell St. past Phoenix Park and Heuston Station?
    foolelle wrote: »
    Hi Legendary, we offer a complimentary shuttle bus service for all guest staying in the hotel. Ring reception on 01 2001800 and one of the girls will book you in. If you're not staying, give us a ring anyway if the bus isn't busy or there is a pick-up or drop off near where you need to be collected they might be able to help you out.
    Dom

Thanks Dom. I'm not staying this time, ye're busy that night, full house. It's business this time but I'll definitely look at staying in the near future.
    lxflyer wrote: »
    Your options from the city centre are the 46a, and 145, and to a lesser extent the 47.

The fare is EUR 1.85.

All three serve Nassau Street which is where your choices are maximised.

The return journey is on the far side of the N11 from the hotel.

The 84 operates from UCD to Newcastle these days.

Thanks for that. I'll probably head for Nassau St. so. Thanks all for ye're help. Appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

All the info given was brilliant. Thanks again to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mint1

Hi I know this thread is a bit old but I wanted to know if anyone knows what buses go to beacon hotel sandyford from town (city centre ) thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Mint1 wrote: »
    Hi I know this thread is a bit old but I wanted to know if anyone knows what buses go to beacon hotel sandyford from town (city centre ) thank you

The number 11 terminates close by, about a 3 minute walk from the hotel entrance.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/11/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mint1

Thank you so much KD345 for the quick reply, really appreciate it ... Thanks :)

Advertisement