Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good, not very expensive, fish resturants

Options
  • 16-09-2011 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

Looking for recommendations for good fish resturants in Dublin - not too expensive and no fish in batter. Looking forward to hearing suggestions!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

sillymoo wrote: »
    Hi all!

Looking for recommendations for good fish resturants in Dublin - not too expensive and no fish in batter. Looking forward to hearing suggestions!

http://www.guineapig.dalkey.info/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

sillymoo wrote: »
    Hi all!

http://www.guineapig.dalkey.info/

Sounds good. Will check it out. Anyone know somewhere closer to the city centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

There's a fish restaurant above the Lord Edward that's supposed to be amazing. However, I can't say for sure as I've never been, and I'm not sure whether it'd be expensive or not compared to other fish restaurants (I've only seen the menu when having a pint in the pub below).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

There's a fish restaurant above the Lord Edward that's supposed to be amazing. However, I can't say for sure as I've never been, and I'm not sure whether it'd be expensive or not compared to other fish restaurants (I've only seen the menu when having a pint in the pub below).

Went here once thinking the same thing and just no - it's like time stopped in the 80s, along with their food and their approach to service - everything looked like it had been bought and frozen a long long time ago. Totally overpriced and the only good thing was we got a laugh at how expensive and terri-bad it was.

Restaurant 1014 in Clontarf does great seafood, and most of the other 'bistro-y' type restaurants like Pichet, Coppinger Row or The Winding Stair have great seafood dishes on their menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

YumCha wrote: »
    Went here once thinking the same thing and just no - it's like time stopped in the 80s, along with their food and their approach to service -

It is possible the person I was talking to was last in there in the 1980s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

There is a deal on dealpages right now for 5 courses for 2 people for 59.99!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If you can venture outside the city - the Redbank in Skerries does excellent locally-sourced fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Sorry have not been back in so long - thanks so much for the replies will try them all (except above the Lord Edward I think :P) starting this weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

These quite a few fish oriented restaurants in Howth: http://howthismagic.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93&Itemid=115

Most serve fish but these would be a good shortlist: Ivans, The Oar House, The Brass Monkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm guessing FreudianSlippers isn't a fish eater because he's usually all over the foodie threads :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 conan_

yeah, I recommend Guinea Pig too. IMO it's very good fish restaurant.
    If you want you can check and know more information about seafood Dublin's restaurants from this site Dining Guide Dublin :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm guessing FreudianSlippers isn't a fish eater because he's usually all over the foodie threads :D
    You'd swear I was like the half tonne man! :D

Not a big fish eater actually! I hear that Kingfisher on Parnell Street is good, but the smell of it puts me off a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

It's a bit of a tourist haunt, and far from the city, but the seafood in Johnnie Fox's pub is excellent.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I'll second Johnnie Fox's - great food and not too dear.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭ah,sure

Crunch Cafe, we go there most days and he's usually got hake, or plaice. Good portions and always the same price, 9.50. The hake is a thing of beauty to be honest. Getting hungryy now!

Advertisement