Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the UPC Scientific EPC 2203 still have a working bridge mode?

Options
  • 17-09-2011 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

I got nailed by an automated upgrade after a power cycle for my Cisco 2325 which was happily working in bridge mode.

To sum up I searched the threads here and looks like this so called upgrade breaks bridge mode even though the hidden page is still there. Now I know about the DMZ but the Cisco is still having an impact even with DMZ setup.

I have access to a Scientific as well (currently in its box), I got both models during initial installation.

(Q1) Can someone conform that bridging still works?
    (Q2) Out of interest do phones work while its in bridge mode?
    (Q3) UPC will probably have to "provision" the Scientific as soon as its hooked up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056146473&page=37

Sparky's suggestion here seems to be working for me at the moment:

My WRT54GL running Tomato has the public IP on its WAN interface.:)
    Sparky wrote:
    In relation to the UPC cisco modem not working in bridged mode, I have found a workaround.
    Seems that you can use the 192.168.100.1 IP of the router when it has just booted up
    If you navigate to
    Setup

|
    |

Advanced Settings
    ---- > IP Address Pass-through

You can enter the MAC address of your own router.

I thought this was not working as my own router (dd-wrt) had a 192.168.1.x IP. However after 5 minutes the WAN IP was assigned to the router.

May work in the long run. We'll see

Advertisement