Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Judge my Website

Options
  • 17-09-2011 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Can you guys help me. does the site look good? www.valdezignprint.com

It was a template. I already spent over 100 euros on Google adswords, but haven't got any sales.

some things you can help me with
    1.you think the prices to high?
    2.is the site easy to navigate through?
    3.does the site look professional?
    4. would you shop here?

what you guys think I should change that will better it? As I really need some input/Guidance.

all comments are welcome. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Xpsgamer

Valdez wrote: »
    Can you guys help me. does the site look good? www.valdezignprint.com

It was a template. I already spent over 100 euros on Google adswords, but haven't got any sales.

some things you can help me with
    1.you think the prices to high?
    2.is the site easy to navigate through?
    3.does the site look professional?
    4. would you shop here?

what you guys think I should change that will better it? As I really need some input/Guidance.

all comments are welcome. thanks

Sex sells! Put up some nice graphics eg model ladies etc and see does it make the website more attractive!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Salaas

Alot of online advertising is using the social networks and sites that your target audience would frequent. So alot good Ads is a good option, you will also need to bring the word to the masses aswell.
    This is mainly because alot of people get set in their ways with who they use for a service and don't go looking too often, whereas if they are in contact with you via social media they are made aware.

Your site is nice, I like the clean crisp colours and the easy navigation, your not bombarding me with a million things at once which usually puts me off from alot of sites.
    Some things I would change, but thats more my preference than anything but it does look good and solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

I love how clear and straightforward your website is to navigate. Please try to maintain this if you have to add more content in the future. There is nothing more irritating than websites that are complicated to navigate, where you can't get back to where you were two seconds ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

Thank you all for the replies. You are guys are a big help, I thought there was somthing wrong with the site as to why I haven't received any major response or custom from it. Maybe I got to really figure out how to advertise it better. Thanks guys for the quick replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Can I just say that from a web site look it's fine, easy to navigate and all that but where did you get the prices?
    Some of the prices for business cards seem way to high and as for t-shirts, the most I'd pay for a printed tee is €8

Sorry OP but I've been buying both as a business for the last 12 months, I give away the t-shirt but not at that price.

Might be why there isn't much business.

• Advertisement

Bodhan wrote: »
    Can I just say that from a web site look it's fine, easy to navigate and all that but where did you get the prices?
    Some of the prices for business cards seem way to high and as for t-shirts, the most I'd pay for a printed tee is €8

Sorry OP but I've been buying both as a business for the last 12 months, I give away the t-shirt but not at that price.

Might be why there isn't much business.

Yeah the t-shirt website I'm doing away with. It's actually cost more to maintain it, then it's worth.

The prices are not set in stone depending on that site. I was just doing a rough estimate. It all depends on how many shirts somonr orders. If I buy the shirts in singles they cost about 1-2 euro more.

But just a question,

what type of print is it you get on the shirts? Silkscreen? Direct to garment printing? Or vinyl?

Also you think 30 euro got 1000 business cards is to much.

I want to be one of the cheapest if not the cheapest. The prices on my site are not really set in stone. I'm moving into a bigger place at the end of the month. Once I do that I'm going to work on the pricing more.

Also thanks for the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Yeah the t-shirt website I'm doing away with. It's actually cost more to maintain it, then it's worth.

The prices are not set in stone depending on that site. I was just doing a rough estimate. It all depends on how many shirts somonr orders. If I buy the shirts in singles they cost about 1-2 euro more.

But just a question,

what type of print is it you get on the shirts? Silkscreen? Direct to garment printing? Or vinyl?

Also you think 30 euro got 1000 business cards is to much.

I want to be one of the cheapest if not the cheapest. The prices on my site are not really set in stone. I'm moving into a bigger place at the end of the month. Once I do that I'm going to work on the pricing more.

Also thanks for the feedback.

30 euro sounds about right but it's all about marketing. Think Vistaprint with the 'free' business cars thing, they aren't really free but it get's you on the site.
    I get the t-shirts, which are good quality printed with a logo on the front (small on the left side) and big on the back.
    It's €8 each for 50 shirts, I couldn't tell you the technical term but people like them and they seem to wash well so I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

Nice site but one small thing is that you cannot see your basket without registering most customer will browse and fill baskets and then maybe register and buy.

spcw wrote: »
    Nice site but one small thing is that you cannot see your basket without registering most customer will browse and fill baskets and then maybe register and buy.

I'm in the process of try to figure out how to take registration off the site. I'm new to zencart. If theres anyone that knows how to do this. Please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

It says printing.ie in the product description at http://valdezignprint.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=89
    We can supply PVC banners seamlessly to a height of 1.2 metres (4 feet) by any length. However, with welded joins the potential sizes are limitless. Our banners are available hi-res (720dpi) for indoor use, or low-res (300dpi) for outdoor applications. At Printing.ie we have supplied banners for a huge variety of clients and purposes, including exhibitions and trade shows, sports events, retailers, universities, festivals and shows.

• Advertisement

Tails142 wrote: »
    It says printing.ie in the product description at http://valdezignprint.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=89
    We can supply PVC banners seamlessly to a height of 1.2 metres (4 feet) by any length. However, with welded joins the potential sizes are limitless. Our banners are available hi-res (720dpi) for indoor use, or low-res (300dpi) for outdoor applications. At Printing.ie we have supplied banners for a huge variety of clients and purposes, including exhibitions and trade shows, sports events, retailers, universities, festivals and shows.

I will edit that. I'm useing the same PVC materals and same method to print the banners. Just thought using that was easier then typing something up myself. I'm not great at stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

The website looks fine to me , and prices are OK too .

Marketing is now your most important feature .. - You need to link your website to a facebook page and any other sites like youtube / linkedin etc .

The more hits you can achieve , the further up the rankings it will go in google .

You need to use the correct meta/tags keywords as well

Get your website out there onto flyers and business cards too

You are also using imperial weights for shipping costs , you need to change this to grams / kgs

The website looks fine to me , and prices are OK too .

Marketing is now your most important feature .. - You need to link your website to a facebook page and any other sites like youtube / linkedin etc .

The more hits you can achieve , the further up the rankings it will go in google .

Get your website out there onto flyers and business cards too

Im working on all this atm, I think I always forget the little details. I always try to rush through things just to get it done. I'm going to get started on a marketing plan. thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I find this website very helpful :

http://businessforum.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Not quite accurate. Google likes quality relevant content properly marked up and quality organic links. Unless Google Analytics is being used or a few other Google tools, it has no way to estimate visits.

Also, meta keyword tags are now ignored by the search engines, as they were abused by being stuffed with keyword spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

what software package are you using for the tee shirt designing part? looks like it is hosted seperately

the prices are coming up in dollars

i knew that you could design your own tee shirt but it wasnt exactly clear how to start it, i found it by accident, a flash player popped up and installed the software

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭DISCOTEKKEN

you use the word 'cheap' repeatedly in the about section, not a great marketing word, people see cheap they think poor quality.

I'd change it to competitive or great value or something

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭willows

I'm in the process of try to figure out how to take registration off the site. I'm new to zencart. If theres anyone that knows how to do this. Please let me know.

see the mod here for checking out with out an account
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=product_contrib_info&products_id=1655

Advertisement